jmc5018
2 Bronze

Re: Help! Dell 2335dn Scanner Dropping Names

Jump to solution

I found and changed the settings on my Kaspersky and I'm still on the scanner after a couple reboots. The true test will be when I come into work tomorrow. We have a couple computers here running xp so if I can get some time I'll see if I can figure anything out. Do u have any antivirus on your xp machines and if so have you gone through to make sure the AV isn't the source of the problem?

0 Kudos
adrian.Keith
1 Copper

Jump to solution

We're using CA Anti-Virus and I haven't checked if that's the cause of the problem. The only reason I haven't checked that is because we're all running it and this is only happening with certain users. Usually the same ones. I'll have to check into that. I'm not a fan of CA and we've had way too many incidents with their software.

Thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
jmc5018
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I would check into if I were you. I've seen a lot more strange things happen. We have about 30 computers that use the scanner but its only the laptops that are having trouble with it.

0 Kudos
adrian.Keith
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This happens to one laptop user as well but what I've noticed is that she'll come in with the laptop on. The wireless adapter is enabled and it automatically logs into the wireless network. She has a dock that she will connect the laptop to but the wireless connection still looks like the active adapter rather than switching to the ethernet adapter. I've already told her to disable the wireless connection when she gets in but every time I look it's still on. But that's probably simple oversight on my part, likely not a problem in your case.

0 Kudos
jmc5018
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I have them all setup using the wired connection with static ip's. No one really takes them home either.

0 Kudos
jmc5018
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

As of now the scanner is still scanning to my computer but the display on the scanner is actually showing the computer name instead of the user name. In ScanManager I actually have the username as being JMC but its showing up as dell_le5510. Have you ever seen that before?

0 Kudos
adrian.Keith
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I've seen this problem when the ScanManager software is run as an administrator or as a different account than what it was installed with. It's a really odd problem and I've even had issues where I wasn't allowed to change the directory it saves to. Did you run the ScanManager as the user or as an administrator or any "Run As..." option?

That's the only time I've seen that happen.

0 Kudos
jmc5018
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Someone else actually installed all this before I started here some I'm really not sure what they did. Do you know how would I go about checking/fixing this issue?

0 Kudos
adrian.Keith
1 Copper

Jump to solution

You'd just have to uninstall it and reinstall it. So long as you're an admin on the machine you should be able to without any issues. Also, I've downloaded and installed the very latest version of the 2335 software. Make sure you're running the same as well just to eliminate any possible software problems. I know it fixed SOME peoples' desktop problems.

0 Kudos
jmc5018
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I do know that the latest version is on the machines here. I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow just to see if even my computer name is on the scanner. If that stays on there, that's when I'll start setting everyone up and uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

0 Kudos