7 Thorium

Re: Help! Dell 2335dn Scanner Dropping Names

Jump to solution

adrian.Keith,

I do not have the power to stickie this thread but I can create a stickie to point to this. Is there a thread that it should start at, because I can direct link to that post.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
cobrakitchen
1 Copper

Jump to solution

We just got this printer, same problem with Windows 7 PCs

0 Kudos
jmc5018
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I'm still working on a solutions right now. I'll keep you updated. Let me know if you figure anything out.

0 Kudos
adrian.Keith
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Sorry I haven't come up with any other alternatives. At this point, we've moved to scanning to the user's e-mail address. Dropping the names on a daily basis was becoming a problem for users who scanned frequently.

0 Kudos
jmc5018
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I know the users would rather be able to scan as a pdf right to their Documents folder but I guess email would be the next best alternative. I'm current working with someone from dell who is helping me trouble shoot this issue. Hopefully we can get this straightened out, but if not I'll be doing the same thing that you did.

0 Kudos
adrian.Keith
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I understand. We have a few users who scan documents all day and need them to go to a folder rather than come in through a hundred e-mails throughout the day. I spoke with a Dell tech support rep at one point as well and he recommended installing the Dell 2355 software instead of the 2335 software and that only worked for so long. Hopefully he has a different solution. Thanks for staying on top of this one JMC.

0 Kudos
jmc5018
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Not a problem. When we spoke before, you said you were able to get the scanner working on the windows 7 computers. Is that sill the case? Or did they drop off too?

0 Kudos
adrian.Keith
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I think they eventually dropped off at some point I haven't confirmed since we made the change to scan to e-mail almost the same time we made the last attempt to get the scan to pc setting set up.

0 Kudos
jmc5018
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Are you using Desktops or Laptops? And if they are Laptops, are they in a dock?

0 Kudos
adrian.Keith
1 Copper

Jump to solution

It's a mixed bag but the majority are on desktops. If on laptops, yes, they are docked.

0 Kudos