Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2013 12:00

How do I connect my V515w fax?

I cannot figure out the correct fax connection for the V515w.   I previously had it working with a different pc.  There are only so many options for connecting the telephone line and I cannot get it to work.  I have a Time Warner DSL cable. 

The phone line comes out of the wall with a DLS splitter. One line goes to the modem and the other goes ??? I have tried every option. 

1) directly to the back of the printer? (I don't think this is spot was used because the rubber plug was still in place, blocking the use)

2) to the back of pc?

3) to the back of pc + another line from pc to the printer?

4) skip the splitter and run from printer to back of pc?

I keep getting error messages "PHONE LINE NOT CONNECTED"

or PHONE LINE CONNECTED TO INCORRECT JACK OF THE MACHINE" (there is only one spot on the back of machine)

2 Posts

August 30th, 2013 12:00

I forgot to mention that our phone is in another room and not connected to any of these machines.  I looked at the manual and page 60 is the closest to my situation minus the phone/answering machine.

August 30th, 2013 14:00

Hello, My name is Maulin. As I saw your issue, I think you are been messing up some cables. I will need to know exactly what is the issue. As one line is main and from that there is splitter so insert the cable in correct female plug so that it may work it for you.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 1st, 2013 12:00

tonywar,

Clue...

a DSL Filter MUST be on ALL devices, phone, answering machine, faxes, etc..., everything EXCEPT the DSL Modem/Router.

You may share a DSL Filter.

Wall > DSL Filter > Splitter > Multiple Devices

Wall > splitter > DSL MODEM/ROUTER

DSL Filter > splitter(only if you want) > Phone, answering machine > faxes

Rick

No Events found!