Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2008 20:00

Ip-address changing - 3115 cn

Hallo Dell-people
I bought this very nice printer - 3115cn. I have a wireless netvork without a server and the printer is working very well.
Ok, I have two problems. 1. If the printer is shut down it aquires a new ip-address and the computers wont find it. I know its because of the DHCP but isn't it possible to make it work without static ip-address.
2. I can't find out how to make the scanner work without usb. Is it possible without a server solution.

best regard computerknas

2.4K Posts

January 19th, 2008 17:00

Hi

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

User's Guide
Assign an IP Address NOTE: When you assign an IP address manually in IPv6 Mode, use the Dell Printer Configuration Web Tool. To open the Dell Printer Configuration Web Tool, use the link local address. (To check a link local address, see "Print and Check the System Settings Page".)

An IP address is a unique number that consists of four sections that are delimited by a period and can include up to three digits in each section, for example, 111.222.33.44.

Assigning an IP address already in use can cause network performance issues.

NOTE: Assigning an IP address is considered as an advanced function and is normally done by a system administrator.

For more information on using your operator panel, see "Operator Panel".

1. Turn on the multifunction printer.

>COPY appears.

1. Press until >SETUP appears, and then press .

2. Press until >Admin Menu appears, and then press .

3. Press until >Wired Net or >Wireless Net appears, and then press .

4. Press until >TCP/IP appears, and then press .

5. Press until >IP Address appears, and then press .

6. The cursor is located at the first digit of the IP address. Press to enter the numbers for the IP address.

7. Press .

The cursor moves to the next digit.

1. Repeat steps 7 and 8 to enter all of the digits in the IP address, and then press .

2. Press the Back button.

3. Press until >Subnet Mask appears, and then press .

4. Repeat steps 7 to 8 to set Subnet Mask, and then press .

5. Press the Back button.

6. Press until >Gateway Address appears, and then press .

7. Repeat steps 7 to 8 to set Gateway Address, and then press .

8. Turn off the multifunction printer, and then turn it on again.

The IP address is assigned to your multifunction printer. To verify the setting, open the web browser on any computer connected to the network and enter the IP address into the address bar on the browser. If the IP address is set up correctly, the Dell Printer Configuration Web Tool displays in your browser.

You can also assign the IP address to the multifunction printer when installing the printer drivers with installer. When you use the Network Installation feature, and the Get IP Address is set to AutoIP on the operator panel menu, you can set the IP address from 0.0.0.0 to the desired IP address on the printer selection window.

1. Print another system settings page.

2. Look under the TCP/IP heading on the system settings page to ensure that the IP address, netmask, and gateway are what you expected.

or

Ping the multifunction printer and verify that it responds. For example, at a command prompt on a network computer, type ping followed by the new printer IP address (for example, 192.168.0.11):

ping 192.168.0.11

If the multifunction printer is active on the network, you will receive a reply.

From Chris

My computer
Dell Dimension 1100
Microsoft Windows XP Home SP 2
512 MB of Ram
Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 256MB
Intel Celeron CPU 2.53GHz
HDD WDC WD800BB-75JCO 80GB C:
HDD Samsung SV2042H 20GB F:
TSSTcorp CDRWDVD TS-H492C D:
LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-851S E:
Linksys Wireless-G WUSB54GS With SpeedBooster
Logitech Cordless Desktop EX 90
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11

My Security Software
Avanquest SystemSuite 8 Professional
Windows Defender

Message Edited by helmecj01 on 01-19-2008 01:15 PM

4 Posts

January 23rd, 2008 15:00

I was reading your instructions on assigning the ip address, and my printer does not have the wireless net option at the admin menu. I only have parallel, or wired. 

I am also having issues installing the scan drivers (windows vista on an all in one xps).  They have attempted to uninstall and reinstall them remotely but unsuccessfully. 

Any ideas or suggestions on how to proceed? Sorry to hijack the post.
-linda
No Events found!