Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2015 14:00

Is Dell V715w Printer supported on Windows 10?

I'm going to upgrade to Windows 10. Will my V715w printer work, or will I have to replace it?

219 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 18:00

Rick, I upgraded from Win 7 to Win10 today. I kept all my files and settings. The V715w worked immediately. Did not have to reinstall or change any settings.

1 Message

August 28th, 2015 06:00

Upgrade worked on one PC however a clean install or a "refresh" results in failure of the driver installing. I will attempt comp mode here soon.

219 Posts

July 29th, 2015 16:00

Thanks Rick. If you do it anytime soon, I'd appreciate it if you'd post your results in a reply to this post.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 29th, 2015 16:00

shelquis,

At the top of the forum is an article...

Windows 10 Compatibility with Dell Printers

It states that this printer is not compatible with Windows 10. I would like to try the Vista drivers in the Vista SP2 Compatibility mode and see if it works. Since the Vista drivers worked for many systems, like Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 I would keep my fingers crossed to try the same drivers for Windows 10.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 28th, 2015 13:00

DanKiger,

I also own a Dell V715w Printer and doing the upgrade, the printer remained installed with no issues.

Since you did a clean installation, then try using the Vista drivers in the Vista SP2 Compatibility mode

I would install them from the Dell V715w Wireless All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

You'll still need to install the OCR Program from the printer disk if you plan to scan to documents and/or fax.

Rick

1 Message

May 28th, 2016 16:00

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and installed existing v715w printer. Instellation disk produced an error message - incompatible with operating system' but offered a choice of running in compatibility mode' whih I did. Installation completed and printer seems to work - but getting messages of non-support by operating system. Other glitches - when attempting to print document - getting a message that printer is busy even when it's not' have to restart the computer, which is a hastle. any solution or support by Windows 10?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 1st, 2016 09:00

avzaromp01,

Reinstall the printer using the instructions below...

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Hit the

Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode you’ll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time (powered on).

Links to the drivers can be found at…

DellV715w Wireless All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

If the printer was already on your network, you may need to reset the computer scans list

Removing computers from printer scan list

You'll also need to install the OCR Program if you plan to scan documents, PDF's and fax.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. Right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

You will also need to disable the printers balloon tips.

(Right click) Start, control panel, devices and printer, your printer, printing preferences, advanced, more options. Tell it to never show. The problem with this setting is you cannot tell if you're low on ink, printer jams, Etc.

Rick

4 Posts

October 16th, 2016 07:00

Hello, I tested the english driver in Windows 10 and didn't work but the portuguese driver worked fine. downloads.dell.com/.../DELL_V715w_wcr_64_bp.exe

For scan to PDF I am using NAPS2 sourceforge.net/.../

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 17th, 2016 08:00

dliedke,

From the Announcement at the top of the page, Windows 10 Compatibility with Dell Printers

Dell suggests...

Installing Older Windows Printer Drivers in Windows 10

Try this procedure and see if the printer installs.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode you’ll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time (powered on).

Links to the drivers can be found at…

Dell V715w Wireless All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

7 Posts

August 12th, 2019 16:00

Really, you didn't have to get an "update" for the printer driver?

No Events found!