Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2009 14:00

Just bought my Color Laser Printer and No Help from Dell!

I'm trying to write or call them...I'm counting everytime I dial. I have work to do and they're just not helping. It's important that my printer work; cannot get assistance. I am going to file a complaint with a local consumer watch here as they need to send me a replacement. I am doing nothing wrong to have it act up everyday.  Then on top of all that my 1-1/2 yr old Inspiron was acting up and she kept me on the phone for 4 hours last night, asking me to open the tower and pull out this and that. I just started getting appraisals again and now this happens. She ended the conversation with "we'll send new PARTS to a tech and he'll install them". They need to send me a new tower!

I can't believe that we don't have local customer service...but in India????? This is so ridiculous!

26 Posts

December 15th, 2009 15:00

Hello mags4giants,

Sorry to hear about your situation.
If you would like to receive help from someone on the forums, please post a description of your problem. Include make and model of your printer. Also include computer system info including make, model, operating system, etc....

I am willing to lend you a hand.

Peace.

1.7K Posts

December 16th, 2009 08:00

We all have work to do and I can tell you are frustrated. If you have an unresolved issue, use this link to file an UNRESOLVED ISSUE request. However, you will note when you open the form that you will need a case number...... because it can't be "unresolved" if you haven't got a case number.

Now, if you kindly let us know what printer model you have and the nature of the problem, myself or other forum members might be able to help you.

Just the facts, please.

December 16th, 2009 09:00

The facts are: (1)I bought the printer Dell Color Laser 1320c less than a month ago and since then it will show Error and I open the front and paper tray and put it all back just right; the same page will print then it goes on Error again. Since I went on the forum it hasn't happened again, but it is a waste of Ink and Paper, both of which I really can't afford (the black ink already running out and had to order a new cartridge ). I just started getting appraisals again and the slowdown between the computer(case #122380220) and the printer, it could turn off the Appraisal Management Company. I was only able to buy the cartridge because I had a little available credit left.

The other fact is (2) the backpart fell off the second day I had it and it won't go back on.

I think Dell should not have charged me for the ink to be fair, and they must take into consideration that I've been a good customer (always paying SOMEHOW my Dell account) and/or send me a new Printer and let me send back the one I have...It could be defective. I have had a HP Laser for 14 years and never had a problem; I only donated it because I wanted Color instead of my HP Inkjet.

The problem with Tech Support was that I couldn't get anyone to help me. They kept transferring me (4 times) and would wait 20 minutes or, more often, got disconnected.

I should have been given a new tower (computer ) and new Printer....it's only fair. My computer is only 1-1/2 yrs old......I did it myself and it's running with less memory now.

1.7K Posts

December 16th, 2009 10:00

OK..... we're trying to help you...... you're not making this easy. This is not Dell people responding to your requests.... these are users and owners like you, some who have lots of experience in this area and are willing to provide you FREE help.

After reading thru your entire "reply", the only "PRINTER" related facts I was able deduce are:
(despite how important YOU think it is...... the other stuff doesn't apply here)

1. You have a 1320c (good)
  2. It had an error...... that it doesn't have any longer. (Any additional DETAILS on the error? The Status Monitor that was added to your system when you installed the drivers should provide that)
  3. You think it used too much ink during your "error" recovery (How many pages were wasted? How much toner was used? What are you printing? Did you know that industry wide.... yes, HP too.... cartridges are rated on a 5% yield standard? This means if you're printing pictures or graphics, you will NEVER get the rated amount out of the cartridge? The 5% standard means that if you print full density characters over more than 5% of the page, you will reduce the life of the toner cartridge. Even printing logo's, Bold characters, or underlining can reduce the effective cartridge yield.)
  4. The "back-part" fell off. (OK.... WHAT back-part? The tray cover? The back of the machine? A much better description or a picture would be helpful)
No Events found!