Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2012 23:00

KODAK ESP 5210

I had tried printing some documents a couple of days ago.  I got a spooling area a couple of times.  I went to the print spool and stopped then started the service.  I still couldn't print.  Now when I try to print, the bubble pops up saysing it is going to priter but when I go to printer it says 0 documents in quere.  I have uninstalled
the printer and software several times and reinstalled it and still the same problem.  I did troublshooting and it said the printer cannnot be contacted over the network.  I have removed my network from the computer and disconnected router.  I set my network and router back up.  It didn't fix the problem.  So I installed the printer by a USB and I still can't print.  The printer says it is connected to my network.  When I go to my printer by usb or wireless printer icons it say printer is ready.  I have read several help pages and I have did everything I know to do.  My printer is a Kodak ESP 5210.  My OS is Windows 7.  My router is a Linksys.  I have had this printer for a year hooked to this computer and router.  What can be the problem with this?

I have let Kodak have access to my computer to try to correct any issue for 2 hrs then 3 hrs.  They couldn't fix it and said they found nothing wrong to cause the issue.  Now I will be sent to Level 2 which didn't call me today.

Anyone have an idea on what is the problem?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 5th, 2012 04:00

countryangelz,

Run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Uninstall the printer.

Retsrat your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

With the computer online, insert the printer disk and follow the instructions. It will prompt you when to connect the printer.

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

February 5th, 2012 21:00

We have already tried to restart many service under adminstrative tools, including printing spool.  I have disconnected printer. Uninstalled printer and software.  I have reinstalled software and installed printer, then set printer up automatically and manually.  I deleted my network and router.  I set it back up.

I have been able to print on my laptop which is Windows 7.  I have compared the laptop with my computer and as far as I can tell, it is all the same.  So, something on my desktop is preventing on printer from printing.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 5th, 2012 22:00

countryangelz,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

February 5th, 2012 22:00

I did a system restore.  Now my printer works.  I don't know what happened from now to that restore point.  All I know is it works, for now.

No Events found!