Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 12th, 2009 11:00

My Dell AIO 962

My Dell AIO 962 printer will print anything off my screen..........e-mail, web pages, etc.  However,  when I attempt to copy something, or if I scan or fax it merely makes a  "running sound" but nothing actually happens.  Eventually I will get a error message, ERROR MESSAGE:2200.

I have unplugged it both from the power supply and from the back of the printer and let it rest. I reestablish the connection the error message goes away but I am still unable to to copy, fax, or scan.  I have rebooted it, uninstalled and reinstalled it and no luck.

Any other suggestion?  Like throw it away and start over?  :emotion-7:

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 12th, 2009 12:00

zras01,

I found this thread from a former Dell Liasion explaining how to fix the error message:2200

Rick

The 2200 error message indicates a scanner stall or jam.  The steps below will help you to resolve the issue and clear the error message.

Printer Reset

1 Power off the All-In-One (AIO) and remove the power supply from the back of the unit.  Wait 30 seconds.  Then reinsert the power supply and power the AIO on.

Did the error message return?

Yes: Continue to step 2.

No: Attempt a test scan.  If the error message does not reappear, the error is resolved.

2 Power off the AIO and remove the power supply from the back of the unit.  Open the scanner cover. Check the scanner glass for cracks and the scanner casing for cracks.  Close the scanner lid. Open the top cover of the AIO. Using the carrier belt, move the cartridge carrier to the middle of the unit. Remove both cartridges, close the top cover, reinsert the power supply, and power the AIO on.

Yes: contact Dell.
No: Continue to step 3.

3 Power off the AIO and remove the power supply from the back of the unit.  Open the top cover of the AIO. Using the carrier belt, move the cartridge carrier to the middle of the unit.  Insert the color cartridge, close the top cover, reinsert the power supply, and power on the AIO.

Yes: Repeat step 3 with another color cartridge.  If the printer fails again, continue to step 4.

No: Repeat step 3 and install the black/photo cartridge.  If both cartridges are installed, attempt a test scan.  If the error message does not reappear, the error is resolved.

4 Power off the AIO and remove the power supply from the back of the unit.  Open the top cover of the AIO. Using the carrier belt, move the cartridge carrier to the middle of the unit. Remove the color cartridge and insert the black/photo cartridge. Then close the top cover, reinsert the power supply, and power the AIO on.

Yes: Repeat step 4 with another black/photo cartridge.  If the printer fails again, contact Dell.

No: Install the color cartridge.  If the printer fails, contact Dell. If the error message does not appear with both cartridges installed, attempt a test scan.  If the error message does not reappear, the error is resolved.

No Events found!