Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 21st, 2013 03:00

My Printer will only print one page then I have to reboot the computer to print another

The printer has been fine since purchase, but just recently, it will print one page after being turned on, then if I try to print a different document, it goes so far as taking the paper up and sounds like it is ready to print, then stops.  I have tried cancelling the print job, but it will not clear - it then keeps saying 'deleting' in the print queue (but never deletes it).  Un-plugging the printer doesn't clear the print job.  The only way I can get it to print the next thing is to completely restart my computer.

I have tried un-installing and re-installing the printer.  I have put on all the latests software updates for the printer....I am at a loss :(

Anybody got a suggestion?

2 Posts

September 2nd, 2014 06:00

I have same problem. Were you ever able to fix it?

Printer will print one page and then will not print any further. I have a wireless setup. I use Chrome as browser. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 2nd, 2014 09:00

spa_bob,

It doesn't matter if you use Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or another browser, if you have Internet Explorer 11 installed, it causes the printing problem.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Rick

2 Posts

September 2nd, 2014 15:00

I certainly appreciate the quick response. However, I don't have Internet Explorer installed on my machine.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 2nd, 2014 16:00

spa_bob,

Internet Explorer cannot be removed from a Windows system.

The other option is to turn off the balloon tips for the printer.

Start, control panel, devices and printer, your printer, printing preferences, advanced, more options. Tell it to never show. The problem with this setting is you cannot tell if you're low on ink, printer jams, Etc.

Rick

1 Message

January 23rd, 2015 14:00

I am having the same problem TRISKEION  had. any answer would be app.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 24th, 2015 12:00

critter2,

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

The other option is to turn off the balloon tips for the printer.

Start, control panel, devices and printer, your printer, printing preferences, advanced, more options. Tell it to never show. The problem with this setting is you cannot tell if you're low on ink, printer jams, Etc.

Rick

1 Message

January 25th, 2016 15:00

Thank you Rick, it is working like a charm!  

You saved me from buying a new printer!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 26th, 2016 13:00

BasmaFakri,

Glad you got it working! Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

1 Message

September 27th, 2016 10:00

Hey Rick,

We have the exact same problem in our office (9 people), but we're ALL running Macs, without IE.

Any ideas?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 28th, 2016 01:00

euroskip,

I would try turning off the balloon tips for the printer, not sure how to access that on a Mac. Instructions below.

If the printer is on a shared computer, turn off the balloon tips on that computer. If the printer is wireless, try turning the balloon tips off on each computer.

Rick

1 Message

April 20th, 2021 12:00

Explorer has been deleted and I can now print in MS Office repeatedly but I cannot print in Chrome or Edge. Any other suggestions? Thanks. 

No Events found!