Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

October 18th, 2010 09:00

My computer works fine for AIO printer 926, but I can't set up my Dell Wireless 3300 adapter. It sees my network, but will not link up. I have a Netgear (wireless-N 150 Router WNR1000)

I have tried several times to set it up. I have other equipment that conect wirelessly to my router, with no problem (I-Touch).

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 18th, 2010 14:00

keiichi75,

I usually recommend using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, I use channel 11.

Setting up the Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300

Rick

2 Posts

October 20th, 2010 13:00

I have done almost everythinig on your link, the only thing I don't know how to do is diable MAC adress, the router is set to "Use Default Adress" the other 2 options are to use a specific address or to use the computer MAC address, what should I do??

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 20th, 2010 19:00

keiichi75,

Problem I have found with the 3300 is that if you try to connect to the same network, twice, then sometimes it makes connecting difficult. During setup, I connected to the neighbors network, faked a password and it told me it couldn't connect. I then selected my own network and the correct password and it found and connected to my network.

Mac addres filtering is found in your wireless router. Some people use this as an extra security mesure but I found that using DHCP is good enough. If it's turned on in the wireless router, then the Mac address filtering has to be turned off to add the mac address. People forget they have mac address filtering, then when they try to connect a new computer to their network, the computer will not connect, even with the correct information entered. Until the mac addres is added to the wireless routers list of addresses.

Rick

No Events found!