Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2009 07:00

Need Software for Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 926

I need to install  the printer on my laptop also.  It's installed with my Desktop, which is my main, and I want to use it for my laptop also.  I don't have the disk that came with it though.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 29th, 2009 12:00

llanita-01,

Please follow these instruction very carefully and let me know what happens.

Make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(a MUST on Vista machines) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on). Please use a 4ft or smaller USB Cable.

Also try reading....

Sharing a printer through a wireless network

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Or

Try this FREE OCR Program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

3 Posts

March 29th, 2009 15:00

Thank you for the tutorial.  I appreciate it.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 29th, 2009 16:00

llanita,01,

Let me know how you make out.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 7th, 2009 04:00

Simon,

Yes it's relly an easy thing to do.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

After you install it, then open the program. Once the program is opened and I registered mine saying it was part of my Dell printer and then I get  either an email or I could update the program and it works fine with reading the characters.

If you don't have th disk, then people have used Simple OCR

Also make sure to...

Update list of applications to send scans to

Rick

1 Message

April 27th, 2012 21:00

is there any place i can buy a replacement disk please

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 28th, 2012 09:00

lmarcoz,

All the drivers are available on Dell's website, except the OCR Program and fax program.

For faxing, you can use BVRP PhoneTools for Faxing but need an OCR Program installed first.

I have some OCR Options, if you click on the blue PudgyOne and on the next page, click on start conversation with. We can discuss it there.

Rick

No Events found!