Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

May 23rd, 2011 15:00

Need help finding All in One Center for A920 printer!

I had to reinstall my A920 All in One after having a problem with my vista OS (had to reinstall it)..  I deleted everything off my computer using the clean install & have downloaded all the latest drivers for the printer.  I installed my printer & now I can't find the "All in One Center".  When I go to "start", Dell printers, A920 printer, etc.  Everything else shows up except the All in One Center.  Can anybody help  & tell me where to find it?  Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 23rd, 2011 17:00

PJCRAC73,

When you installed the operating system, did you install the desktop/notebook system utility and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

For the printer,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper Vista drivers. Install the Vista drivers. You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on) The Dell All-In-One Center is in the drivers pagkage and when installed properly, installs with the drivers.

Linkis to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell A920 All-In-One Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

Rick

6 Posts

May 24th, 2011 11:00

I did everything you told me to do & I followed all the links & instructions.  The All in One center & printer finally installed but when I clicked on the All in One Center it started to open & then I go an error message that said "AIOC.exe stopped working".  What do I do to correct this?  Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 24th, 2011 18:00

PJCRAC73,

Do you have .net framework and Download Latest Java?

Rick 

6 Posts

May 24th, 2011 20:00

Yes, when I followed all the other instructions you gave me everything is up to date.  I have MS.Net framework 3.5 SPI & MS.net framwork 4 Client profile.  I have Java 6-Update 25 which is the latest one.  What should I do next?  Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 25th, 2011 10:00

PJCRAC73,

You installed the drivers in the proper order, correct?

Try running Finding System Information remove your product ID and post the rest of the information back here.

Rick

6 Posts

May 25th, 2011 16:00

I will try that when I get back from vacation & let you know what happens.  It will be after June 4th.  Thanks!

6 Posts

June 6th, 2011 13:00

Back from vacation--I am not sure if I installed the drivers in the proper order!  What is the order & how do I reinstall the printer cleanly & then reinstall the drivers in the proper order?  Where do I go to find this information?  Also you asked me to post my system information--I brought up the info on my computer screen but how do I get to post it here?  Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 6th, 2011 13:00

PJCRAC73,

The easiest way to reinstall Vista is to use the recovery partition, if it's there.

Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings

The longer method is...

How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft® Windows® on a Dell™ Computer

The desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers need to be installed first, or the rest of the drivers will fail to install. You should be able to start with installing the drivers and everything should start working.

Printer, first run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the proper Vista drivers. Install the drivers. You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on)

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell A920 All-In-One Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

Virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

No Events found!