Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 24th, 2008 14:00

New to Forum: AIO A920

A920 Will Not Work with Brand New Dell Inspiron 13 inch laptop and VISTA (dont know what bit, think 32).

performed all Dell recommended downloads.

Receive following:

"AIOC exe has Stopped Working" (a truly inspiring message to a non techie), Dell Chat was a waste of time!

But, hope breathes in heart of 920!, the scan function seems to initiate activity in printer - Good!

test print yields AIOC message aboe.

What to do, slowly please!!

And thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 24th, 2008 14:00

davidbowes,

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

5 Posts

December 28th, 2008 12:00

Rick:
You will be glad to know that your procedure works.

Thank you once again. 

David

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 28th, 2008 13:00

David,

Thanks for posting back. Could you mark the verify answer(s) that helped you sole your problem, so if someone else searches the forums, they can see what you did to fix your problem(s).

Thanks,

Rick

5 Posts

December 29th, 2008 08:00

Rick:

I am not sure what location you are referring to.

I followed your scripted instructions.

However, after unzipping all the files, it was unclear to me what to RUN.

So I guessed (correctly as it turned out), that area needs elaboration.

1 Message

February 8th, 2009 09:00

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I have an inspiron 1501 with windows vista. I followed the above directions. At the end of installation it says it was completed successfully, then an error message comes up saying "Printer status window interface has stopped working". The Dell all in one center will still not open with the same "AIOC exe has stopped working" message. Any suggestions??

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 8th, 2009 12:00

sbbelle22,

Please make a new post and include the information asked for below, will be gald to help you get things working.

Rick

No Events found!