pili
2 Bronze

No All-In-One Printers compatible with Dell?

Jump to solution

The one I have now, 926 isn't compatible. I want to buy a new one anyway since mine isn't printing, even before windows 10, but I don't know if there are any new ones compatible with Win 10

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PudgyOne
6 Indium

RE: No All-In-One Printers compatible with Dell?

Jump to solution

pili,

Try this first and see if it works...

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time (powered on).

Links to the drivers can be found at…

Dell 926 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Jump to solution

pili,

Try this first and see if it works...

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time (powered on).

Links to the drivers can be found at…

Dell 926 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
pili
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Well Thank you very much for your help.  I've been working on your tutorial all day. It wasn't as easy as it sounds lol. I had problems with some drivers,  and I had to uninstall the printer several times, which took a very long time, no idea why.

but ultimately, I actually printed a test page from my win 10 pc and I was also able to figure out the new settings from my laptop to print through the pc.  So, once again thanks very much for your patience. It is greatly apreciated

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Jump to solution

pili,

Glad you got it working! Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos