Highlighted
donnab500
1 Nickel

P713W, printhead replaced 3x

I purchased this printer last June and I have had to replace the printhead 3x, with Dell support persons assistance. I want to replace this brand new printer with another new one, but it seems the Dell support persons says, If it happens, I will get a used one!  How do I get Dell to replace this damaged new printer with one that works correctly all the time?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
7 Plutonium

Re: P713w Printer. I purchased this printer last June and I have had to replace the printhead 3x, with Dell support persons assistance.

If it's replaced under warranty, Dell has the option to replace your used printer with either a new or a refurbished printer.  Read the "fine print" on the warranty.   This is standard throughout the industry - not just Dell, whether a PC, a printer, monitor or internal component.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
donnab500
1 Nickel

Re: P713w Printer. I purchased this printer last June and I have had to replace the printhead 3x, with Dell support persons assistance.

Thank you Fireberd for your quick reply. Dell has recognized my challenge of the p713w not working since I purchased it! They are sending me a refurbished one to replace my original new one--which we are still paying for at this time. Let's hope this refurbished one works all the time. Do  you know if there have been other customers who have had problems with the p713w?

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

I have no knowledge of any global problems.  But then I don't keep track of stuff such as this. 

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos