Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 22nd, 2011 18:00

PRINTER PROBLEM! COLOR INK CARTRIDGE WON'T PRINT!!!

I have a Dell V515w printer (operating w/Dell Studio XPS & WindowsVista) & all of the sudden the color ink cartridge will not print. I have tried EVERYTHING! The cartridge was not empty or low, but I replaced it with a new one anyway out of desperation, but still no luck. I have taken it out & put it back in, as well as the printer head too. I have cleaned it, deep cleaned it, unplugged it, aligned it, and followed tons more of the help/troubleshooting instructions as well & nothing has worked. Regardless of what setting it's on (I've tried them all) only the black will print. If anyone can help, I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 22nd, 2011 18:00

MarciaBrady,

Try reading...

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Before reseating the Dell Series cartridge, shake it to make sure the sensor in the cartridge is not stuck.

Can you copy a document under the glass? Black & White and color?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 22nd, 2011 19:00

MarciaBrady,

Sounds like you get a Dell series color cartridge that went bad. If this was the new cartridges, contact the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

August 22nd, 2011 19:00

PudgyOne: Thank you. I did read both of those & had tried every option & instruction. Also, I tried to copy a colored document as well & although both the printer (manually) & set up (in system) are set to color, it would only print black & white. Surprisingly, I did actually shake the cartridge a few hours ago, out of frustration...didn't know about the sensor, but no change. Thank you.

August 22nd, 2011 20:00

PudgyOne: Well, I got one from Dell & one from Staples, and the original one was working fine before this happened. So I can't figure it out...driving me crazy.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 23rd, 2011 03:00

MarciaBrady,

Take the Dell Series back to Staples for a replacement. It was a Dell Series cartridge, correct? Not a generic brand or refilled.

Rick

1 Message

January 19th, 2012 16:00

Mine just started doing the same thing.  I have done everything that you tried, and it will not print in color.  I checked the new cartridge and ink does comes out of it, so I don't think the cartridge is the problem.

I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but right before it stopped printing, I had changed my paper size setting under the Set-up mode to be 4 x 6 to see if it would accept photo paper and print out a picture for me, but it didn't work.  I ended up having to hook back up my old HP Photosmart picture printer instead. After that, it appeared that anything I printed, captured only a 4 x 6 area, so I reset my printer settings to the default settings which seems to have corrected the size issue.  

I do recall that after I installed the color cartridge, I did get a message to clean the printer head, which I have done several times.  It prints out a paper afterward that only has black stripes on it.

I am at loss as to why the color won't print.  Did you find out anything?

1 Message

February 7th, 2012 11:00

I am having this same problem and have tried everything.  I even ordered a new print cartridge from Dell even though the old one wasn't out of ink.  There has to be something Dell can do to solve this problem.

1 Message

February 22nd, 2012 17:00

Well, please allow me to join the club with my DELL V313w. B+W is fine but no color.  Copy function only works in B+W as well.  Changed out cartridge with a brand new one -- nothing; cleaned and deep-cleaned several times to no avail.  Took the printhead completely out, took cartridges out, then soaked the printhead overnight in isopropyl alchohol, then let it dry out for 24 hours.  Still nothing.  Seems to me we are down to something electronic where the head is not getting signals -- or something!!???  Any more ideas?  Has been a great printer up to now....FRUSTRATING! :emotion-6:

3 Posts

March 3rd, 2012 17:00

Well add me to the list. I have a V515w. Same problem, just prints black and white, no color. I changed the cartridge (Dell brand), but still won't print color. This is my last Dell experience!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 3rd, 2012 18:00

3 Posts

March 4th, 2012 14:00

None of this worked. Funny thing though, earlier it said the color was at 1/2. Now it says it's low. Where did it go? No color was ever printed!! Hahaha, I think I'm being rippped off!!. This is going to be my last Dell experience. What is the phone number for Dell customer service, this is sooooo frustrating!! This printed is almost new.

3 Posts

March 4th, 2012 17:00

Still trying,,,,nothing!!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 4th, 2012 20:00

jweck,

You said the porinter is almost new?

If the printer and/or cartridge is new, then contact Dell.

Rick

1 Message

March 4th, 2012 23:00

Hello.  My name is Misty.  My printer just started doing the exact same thing to me.  I called Dell and they sent a new color cartridge and it still won't print.  My printer isn't even a year old!  Anyone have any other ideas?  I don't know if there is a warranty on this printer or not and if so, how long it lasts?  I guess I will have to contact Dell.  It has been an awesome printer til now. 

1 Message

March 5th, 2012 08:00

Help! My printer (v515w) is doing the same thing! Have tried everything! New cartridge, cleaning printhead. I have a major project I have to do today an wont be getting done I guess. Is there anything else and is it a done deal?

No Events found!