Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2009 19:00

Paper Jam Regi 075-134 on Dell 3010cn

Hi y'all

I just purchased a second-hand Dell 3010cn. After installing four new toner cartridges amd loading some paper, I tried printing a one page document. It claimed it had a "Paper Jam Reg 075-134" and then "Open Reg Cover and Check MPF". After repeatedly checking everywhere I could imagine for a paper jam, I found nothing. Nevertheless, every time I try to print it repeats the same error. I watched as it tried to print and it seemingly made no attempt to get any paper from the MPF (Multi-Purpose Feeder). I don't have the original paper manual, only the HTML downloaded version. There are three things I can think of...

1. I am not loading the paper properly.

2. I have not selected the correct type of paper. (I chose 'plain1')

2. The printer is simply broken and I should return it.

I can't think of anything else. Can anyone help me?

-Thanks in advance.

4 Posts

January 22nd, 2009 16:00

I have the same problem except I didn't buy mine second hand, have had it since it came out of the box from Dell. It seems to be that the paper is not catching when the rollers try to grab it. I have found myself turning the rollers manually and it catches but that gets old real quick!! If anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful. It's either fix this one or toss it and get one that is a little more dependable and easier to service.

Thanks!

1.7K Posts

January 23rd, 2009 09:00

Some questions/replies (to help determine the best way to take this):

1. Is the paper loaded and pushed ALL THE WAY BACK into the MPF feed area? A frequent issue I've seen that causes this problem is that the paper was not pushed all the way back and the feed roller could not engage the paper's surface.

2. Leave the paper type at "plain"

3. It may be, but I'm fairly confident we can get this fixed...... if you want to spend some time with me on this.

7 Posts

February 21st, 2009 09:00

Hi, I have the same problem on my 3110 cn. The paper is loaded and pushed all the way back, unplugging doesn't help, there appears to be no paper left in it, and pushing any of the buttons doesn't do anything (to choose paper type). Any other ideas would be appreciated since we have no service contract on this now. Thanks! Gail

4 Posts

February 21st, 2009 13:00

After spending almost an hour on the phone with the Dell printer tech folks I was finally told that the problem was most likely with two parts: the multiple purpose assembly and the vertical transport assembly. Of course, the warranty ran out on the printer two years ago so there is no current warranty so to pay for these parts and a technician to come out and install these parts would be approximately $400. For that price you can go out and purchase a newer updated machine--in fact, my husband and I were able to find a color  4-in-1, network, duplex printer on sale for a great price of $160 ... no, not Dell, HP which we can find supplies for locally and with an extended warranty still came out cheaper than the parts alone would cost to fix this issue.

The saddest part was that I have recently purchased a new drum (because the printer said I needed to) and all new ink cartridges for this printer that Dell will not now take back because it is outside of their 21 day customer satisfaction window so I am now stuck with a boat anchor and all of these useless accessories.

If you question that yours might be the same issue contact Dell printer support at 1-800-822-8965 and they will walk you through several tests on the printer itself ...

Wishing you better luck than I had!! I will be enjoying my new 4-in1 duplexer though!!

1.7K Posts

February 21st, 2009 15:00

Please verify your model......

You indicated in your text that you have a 3110cn. If so, this is a totally different engine than the 3010cn specified in the heading of the thread and.... a completely different troubleshooting approach.

4 Posts

February 21st, 2009 15:00

I have model 3000cn

1.7K Posts

February 21st, 2009 17:00

TO:  "mrs35blue"

Are you interested in fixing the 3000cn?

If not, you should be able to sell the drum and carts on eBay fairly quickly.

1.7K Posts

February 21st, 2009 17:00

Sorry, I should have specified. The question was directed at "rgbeard"

7 Posts

February 22nd, 2009 06:00

Yes, it is a Dell 3110 cn, color laser.

I only searched for paper jam. Sorry if I should have asked in another forum. Please direct me where to go from here. 

This printer belongs to our church and I'm the secretary. We would rather keep this printer than buy a new one, but we're so happy using only color laser that we'll do whatever we need to.

Thanks!

7 Posts

February 22nd, 2009 06:00

I also meant to say the error # on my 3110cn is 077-901. Thanks.

1.7K Posts

February 22nd, 2009 18:00

I would recommend starting a NEW thread with the correct Model and error code, such as:

"3110cn laser printer, Error code 077-901"

Include any additional info such as what was happening just before the error occurred or anything else that seem relevant.

4 Posts

March 26th, 2009 13:00

I am having the exact same problem. Mine started after I had to replace the black toner cartridge housing.

I replaced the housing, got the machine back together and now it's giving me the paper jam and 075-134 error code.

I've checked the paper tray (MPF) and made sure the paper was all the way back, pulled the registration to make sure there were no obstructions and I checked all wiring connections to the registration.

Nothing has worked so far. Any insight would be helpful and appreciated.

4 Posts

March 26th, 2009 14:00

No, the roller does not.

It looks like the guides might be stopping the tray from lifting all the way.

1.7K Posts

Does the feed roller make a complete revolution?

There are plastic guides on each side of the feed roller. When the tray lifts, does it get stopped by these guides and is not alllowed to lift any further?

4 Posts

It was the Black Developer Housing that I replaced and I did have to remove the Paper Handling/Registration Unit from the rear of the printer.

The error only occurs when trying to print. I've been trying to print a Settings Page as a test but have had no luck.

When trying to print the feed roller starts to turn, the back of the tray does start to lift but it stops before the tray is fully lifted.

No Events found!