Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

October 6th, 2008 06:00

Performances and Re-Installation problems with AIO 964 on Vista

Hello,

I've an AIO 964 connected through a Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300. It works fine with every PC running on XP.

I've tried to do the same with a PC on Vista :

- First installation worked but it took minutes to print simple files,

- I've uninstalled the drivers using the standard Dell tool, and now, I'm not able to reinstall it (at the end of the installation, after finding correctly the 3300 parameters, I get a pop up window, which disappears immediatly, which displays an error code 1797).

If you have any idea to solve these problems (installation and performance ...).

Rgds

Bruno

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 6th, 2008 09:00

Fix your wireless router first.

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security. Most wireless devices work best with this type of security.

Mixed b and g mode(n if available)

Use channels 1, 6 or 11. Most devices work better on these channels.

Save and exit. Power everything off for 30 seconds. Power everything back on, wait 30 seconds, now try to connect.

After router is done, now setup your wireless print server/printer.

3300 Utility

3300 Firmware

Attach the 3300 to your computer using the USB Cable and insert the 3300 disk. Follow the instructions. It should ask you for the network ID, type of security and password.

Now for the printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Install the drivers, choose network, choose I'm using a wireless print server(if you do not see this, then choose add printer and you should see it then) and follow the instructions.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Message Edited by PudgyOne on 10-06-2008 06:23 AM

2 Posts

October 6th, 2008 14:00

Hello PudgyOne,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

At the first time, it didn't work and the installation stucked again.

So I tried to connect directly, in USB mode, and install the 964, and it worked,

So after I removed this USB printer, and connect it again in Wifi, install it again, and then, it worked.

Thanks again

Rgds

Bruno

1 Message

November 23rd, 2008 13:00

Hi,

I'm having similar problems.  I have a new Inspiron 530 running 32-bit Vista with a AIO 964 attached to a 3300 wireless adapter.

This setup was running fine on the old XP machine.  I followed PudgyOne's advise to the letter, but no go.  I also direct connected and the printer creates automatically and prints fine.  Re-installing via wireless and it attempts to print, but status never changes from Sent to printer.  Also, the Dell Ink management does not read the ink levels connected wirelessly, but does via USB. 

Previously working notebooks running vista can no longer access printer either. 

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Maureen

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 23rd, 2008 15:00

You need to un-install the printer, again, using the patch.

Restart your computer.

Attach the 3300 with a usb cable to your computer. Insert the 3300 setup disk or use this 3300 Utility. It will ask you for your SSID, type of security and password for your wireless network. Now remember to install the latest firmware for the 3300 wireless adapter. Attach your printer to the 3300 with the usb cable.

Install the proper drivers, choose network, choose I am using a wireless print server and follow the instructions.

Do NOT join the ink program as it causes a problem in Vista machines. Your ink levels should also match the printer.

Rick

No Events found!