Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2009 17:00

Photo 926 cartridge alignment not working

Just loaded a Black cartridge from Dell.  Ran alignment.  Alignment failed.  Tried again from Printers and Faxes screen to initiate alignment again.  Same results.  What else can I do?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 10th, 2009 17:00

JXJ,

When you installed the Dell Series 9 ink cartridge, with the power on, it should ahve already printed an alignment page. If not, it's possible the error message didn't clear from the printer. Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. This usually resets the printer from any error messages.

First, did you replace the ink cartridges with Dell Series 9 ink cartridges? Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible that you got a Dell Series 9 ink cartridge with a bad sensor in it. Take the cartridge back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Rick

2 Posts

February 10th, 2009 18:00

I do not have any error messages other than the message that the alignment did not work.  I bought the Series 9 cartridge from Dell online.  The Black cartridge is new and seems to be printing well.  The color seemed spotty.  Tried changing that one too, but same result - "Alignment problem - check for tape, etc."  Tried to clean the cartridges - no help.

1 Message

February 21st, 2009 06:00

I have exactly the same problem.

I did all the recommended actions and still nothing.

Looks like the bad sensor may be the culprit, but returning the inkjet to Dell? That is a real nuisance.

I have ordered more and if the new one works then I will see how to get a refund or exchange from Dell.

14 Posts

April 25th, 2009 10:00

I'm having a similar problem. I put in a new color cartridge. It keeps doing an alignment, then says color is out. I tried a new one, still doesn't work. I unplug everything, it continues to have problems. THis is the worst printer I've every owned. It's a hassle to get cartridges, it doesn't work properly. Do not buy a Dell printer. I never use color anyway, so another question is: will this work with an empty color cartridge? What do I need to check in the printer preferences to bypass color?

2 Posts

January 26th, 2010 08:00

POSSIBLE SOLUTION

I had the same problem after inserting a new black cartridge: Problem with alignment page.  Black would print but no color, although the level indicator in the AIO Solutions said that 75% of the color ink remained. Although the black printed on the alignment page, I got blank pages when trying to print a document.  After searching through all of the forums, trying the unplug, remove block, etc. and removing and reinserting both cartridges several times, I had given up.  But THEN, I remembered the way I'd solved another frustrating problem.  I removed ALL the software associated with the printer, using Control Panel-Add/Remove programs and then deleted every folder associated with my printer from the computer.  Having a clean slate at last, I reinstalled the software from the disk, skipping the "align cartridges" and "test printer" steps.  IT WORKED!  Worth a try, anyway!

1 Message

February 24th, 2011 07:00

same problem here.  and its SO annoying that the printer wants to print a test page every time you put in a new cartridge.  you can't print 80 pages with the driblet of ink in the thing anyway so its just a waste of money buying cartridges that wont be read by the printer correctly so that you have to keep running alignment tests.

dell sells printers for 50$ or whatever because they charge hundreds for ink.  its absurd.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 24th, 2011 10:00

drjewest,

Are you using Dell Series 9 ink cartridges?

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Power on the printer. Open the printer and take out the Dell Series 9 Black cartridge. make sure all the tape is off the cartridge and put the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 9 color cartridge.

You are using Dell Series 9 ink cartridges, correct?

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Black cartridge = black side(left side)          Color cartridge = color side(right side)

Photo cartridge = black side(left side)          Color cartridge = color side(right side) 

It is possible to get a Dell Series 9 cartridge with a bad sensor. Contact the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

14 Posts

February 24th, 2011 13:00

This is the standard suggestion, but it never worked for me. My best answer: get rid of the printer and buy a Canon or HP. Dell printers have been the worst ones I've used.

No Events found!