Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 4th, 2010 14:00

Photo 926 will not power on

Hello-

I have a Dell Photo 926 that is about two years old, and hardly used. On average I print about two pages a month.  In fact I printed something last week with no problems, and then this week I went to turn it on and there was no response at all it is completely dead. I've tried to trouble shoot by unplugging/replugging in the power pack in the back, I have switched the electrical plug from one wall to another and still nothing, the printer will not respond at all.

Any suggestions

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 4th, 2010 16:00

lulu23,

Did you try unplugging from the wall? Also try removing the power brick from the back of the printer.

Rick

2 Posts

March 5th, 2010 15:00

yep I tried it all, several different wall sockets and upplugging the power brick and re-plugging it in. I even tried the old bangging your hand on the side of the printer.....no luck  When you lift the up the top portion of the printer to replace the ink cartridges you can look in between hinges and see a red light aglow which i assume means the power supply is working since it goes out when i remove the power brick.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 5th, 2010 17:00

lulu23,

I wish I knew what that red light inside the printer meant. I heard other members talk about a red light inside their printers.

You disconnected the power cord from the wall and remove the power brick, like this, correct?

Rick

February 6th, 2013 18:00

My friend gave me a Dell Photo All in One Printer 926 but it is missing the power supply brick that goes in the large hole in the back. Do you know where I can get just the power supply brick (I don't know if the cord is attached to the brick, I have never owmed one of these printers.)  sweetwater2124

No Events found!