Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2008 14:00

Preparing Dell all in one Center for first time use..stuck here

Hei

I have a Dell Inspiron 3100 Desktop Xp connected to 924 printer. I installed the 924 Drivers and Utilities CD, no problem there After installation i got a window saying ''Preparing Dell all in one Center for first time use - seaching for application'' it stays there for long time and then i get a small window that says AIOC has a problem and must be ended. I get this message everytime i click the AIO center.This messagebox remains open, I cannot close it and nothing more happens. I have tried by uninstalling and then reinstalling the printer software but problem is still there. I can print Microsoft Office Word doccuments, but can not open the AIO Center. I have tried this solution (written down here) but it does not work for me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How are you connected to the printer? wired of wireless?

If wired, disconnect your printer. Go to start/programs/Dell printers and un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Now go to drivers and downloads/select product/printers/select your printer. Download drivers, Utilities, firmware and Patches.

Install your printer. You'll be prompted when to connect it.

Install and patches next. Then the Utilities and firmware.

If wireless, fix your network first.

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA security

Mixed b and g mode(n if available)

Use channels 1, 6 or 11. Most devices work better on these channels.

After router is done, now setup your wireless print server/printer.

If wireless printer server is used, Plug USB cable into computer and print server. Insert the print server disk. Choose Network, then choose print server and follow the instructions.

Now setup the printer.

Now go to drivers and downloads/select product/printers/select your printer. Download drivers, Utilities, firmware and Patches.

Install your printer. Choose Network. Install the drivers.

Install any patches next.

Everything should now work.

Rick

Wall > ISP modem/router > wireless router > wired/wireless
Update firmware in the wireless router(Manufacturer's website)
Broadcast SSID
Use WPA Security (WEP can be hacked)
Wireless devices work best on channels 1, 6 and 11

Inspiron B130
Windows XP SP3
Total Physical Memory 1,024 MB
Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910ML Express Chipset

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have bought this new printer today and iam desperate. Please help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 29th, 2008 15:00

Make sure that you have the latest updates from Microsoft. Click on custom and download install the rest of the items, especially the net.framework. Also install the latest Jave from here. After you do this, you may have to re-install the printer one more time.

How much RAM does your computer have?

10 Posts

March 29th, 2008 16:00

i mean i tried to run printer installation CD over the installed printer software and updated the driver. I have already installed the 2 updates that window found after i installed the printer programe.
Message Edited by khalid4349 on 03-29-2008 01:02 PM

10 Posts

March 29th, 2008 16:00

Hei Rick

Thankx for assistence i have 502 MB RAM, i tried to run printer installation CD and updated the driver, for a very short time i was able to open the AIO Center, then i got this error

Error: Access violation at 0x7C91084B(tried to write to 0x0040FFC)program terminated

then i the same problem again AIO Senter does not open and it stuck there. Any idea what should i do

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 29th, 2008 18:00

I Googled your error message. Don't know what it has to do with this but it was suggested that if you're using a password, change the password and reboot.

Also. Do NOT try to install over the printer disk. This will cause problems. After you restart the computer from the other issue, Try the disconnecting the printer. Un-install the printer. Restart your computer. Now go to drivers and downloads and download the latest version from there. If there was a problem with the program, it was corrected on the new download. Click on install, it will prompt you when to connect the printer.

Connecting the printer early causes Windows to install the wrong drivers, causing problems.

10 Posts

March 30th, 2008 13:00

Hello Rick

Would u please assist me a little more, i found a lot of ur eposts arround here, helping and guiding to solve our printer problems.i uninstalled the printer software bcz it got stck at ''Preparing Dell all in one Center for first time use - seaching for application'' i tried some other ways also but i got error again.

in ur eposts u mention about Download drivers, Utilities, firmware and Patches, what do you mean by patches and firmwares, from this link http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen i found my printer model drivers and downloaded them and got stuck at the same problem (''Preparing Dell all in one Center for first time use - seaching for application'') again. am i missing to download patches or firmwares here, do i need to download something else in addition to drivers? are n't everything included in the driver's download.

When i install from CD is the installation full with patches and firmwares?

Iam using Dell Inspiron 3100 Desktop Xp connected to Dell AIO 924 printer

Message Edited by khalid4349 on 03-30-2008 09:39 AM

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 30th, 2008 20:00

Patches are to remove the printer from Vista. Firmware is for the printer. Not all printers have firmware updates. If you couldn't find any for your printer, then do the basic.

Disconnect your printer. Go to start/programs/Dell printers and un-install your printer. Also go to the control panel and make sure it has been removed.

Restart your computer.

Now go to drivers and downloads/select product/printers/select your printer. Download drivers, Utilities, firmware and Patches. From what I see, the patch is to remove the printer.

Install your printer drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect it.

Then install the firmware.

No Events found!