Highlighted
Kuester
Copper

Print spooler want start

I have an Inspiron 2600 and before I went on vacation it was hooked up and working to a Lexmark X74-X75 printer.  I got the blaster worm while on vacation and my son placed a patch and we got the lastest Norton Anti-Virus placed on the laptop.  While on vacation I bought a cheap printer to use and had to uninstall my Lexmark X74-75.  Upon arriving home I uninstalled cheap printer and have tried to re-install the Lexmark X74-75.  My CD starts up runs for a few seconds and then I get a window that says spooler not running do you wish to run now?  I click yes but nothing happens.  I went to administrator clicked on services then on Print spooler it was on automatic and stopped every time I clicked start I got a message that said dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.  I went to the dependencies for print spooler and it gave one Remote Procedure Call (RPC).  I went to RPC it showed it was on automatic and started.  I have tried doing these on manuel with no success.  I have gone to many websites and with no help.  I have talked to Dell support and they sent me to a website that was called symantec.com and there was a removal tool that would repair any damage done by the blaster, didn't work.  I tried to see if any old drivers were still showing that needed to be deleted but it would not let me in because the spooler was not running.  I am so frustrated can anyone out there help me solve this problem??  Thank you.  Kuester
0 Kudos
19 Replies
olesing
Copper

Re: Print spooler want start

I have Dell A920 .My printer is gone.I tried to re-install it.I am told my spooler is not there.Please tell me how to find my spooler service
0 Kudos
olesing
Copper

Dear Kuester   I have been going thru the same thing for months.Neither Dell-MSN nor AOL could help.I spent the night on the PC and I got it.

1press start     2 press run   3 write  msconfig and  press OK

system configuration   will appear.4.Press services  5 SCAN down the list until you see  PRINT SPOOLER    make sure it is checked and running   6 click enable all click OK     YOU GOT IT!!  Let me know how it worked out.

0 Kudos
marcel252
Copper

In services my spooler is shown as "running" while if I click properties on the printer it says it is "not running"

Windows XP pro

Thanks

0 Kudos
jokester79
Copper

Hi,

I have the same problem as you only I have an inspiron 600m. MY spooler claims to have stopped!  Did you ever find a soulution? If you do please let me know!

THanks,

Frustrated Too

0 Kudos
jokester79
Copper

Dear OLesing,

I followed your directions, and found the spooler, but how to you get the Print spooler running if it says stopped? Need more detail.  THank you so much!

Jokester79

0 Kudos
nachoscarol
Copper

I have also foung that in msconfig you need to check the box marked LexBceServer or the spooler will not work.  Hope this helps you all.   I have been having problems for several days now and finally got where I needed using msconfig.  Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
sspaxap
Copper

i have the same errors with the print spooler not running and all, but when i go into the services, there is no print spooler... its just not there
0 Kudos
cputman
Copper

I have A940 all in one printer.  It is no longer there.  I tried to reinstall and it tells me the spool server can not be located and if I want to re-start it.  I answer yes and it still does not let me re-install.  Please let me know how to reinstall my spool server.

Thank you

0 Kudos
KarBigl
Copper

I'm trying to figure out how to read answers to responses on this site.  My A920 printer/scanner is gone!  The computer won't let me reinstall it.  Help!  Thanks.
0 Kudos