Highlighted
Not applicable

Printer AIO 964

I am perplexed as to why Dell does not make a driver for the AIO Printer 964 that is compatible with Windows 8.  I do not have Windows 10.  I searched for the driver and every other driver exists for every other printer.  This seems very odd indeed.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
8 Krypton

RE: Printer AIO 964

Vale767,

The Dell 964 printer is an older Dell Printer. The printer was made for Dell by Lexmark. Lexmark got out of the printer business, so no new drivers will be made for this printer. You should be able to install the Vista drivers in the Vista SP2 Compatibility mode

Please follow the instructions below and see if the printer installs.

From the Announcement at the top of the page, Windows 10 Compatibility with Dell Printers

Dell suggests...

Installing Older Windows Printer Drivers in Windows 10

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode you’ll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time (powered on).

Links to the drivers can be found at…

Dell 964 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

This is a Dell User Forum. I am a Dell user, just like you are.
0 Kudos