Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

October 15th, 2019 09:00

Printer Menu Screen Flashing - no menu

When I turn on my printer, the menu screen flashes on and off. You  see small black flashing  "blocks" on the screen where words should appear. If I press the "X" button on the printer, sometimes the wording "USER MODE" appears. Thereafter if I press any button the flashing resumes.

I have tried deleting the printer on my PC and then reinstalling it, but the printer can not be found. This is  with the USB plugged in, or when I try to  install as a wireless  printer. 

I assume that the problem is probably in the printer ( am not technical minded)?  Also, I have failed to ascertain what "user mode" means! I would mention that the printer was working OK up to a couple of days ago.

Any help will be appreciated. 

October 23rd, 2019 02:00

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that all the lights are flashing with the error on your printer

Any query for printer like How to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi wireless network or Router/  How To Troubleshoot An Printer you can  freely contact me or view the link i have been referring to...!!

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue. This issue could occur if the printer is in error state. And here's the step by step guide to reset the printer-

1.Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2.Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3.With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4.Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5.Wait at least 60 seconds.

6.Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet. NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7.Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8.Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

9.Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If the issue persists, then please follow this link to update the firmware: Firmware Update

Let me know how that works. I hope you have a good day ahead.

1 Message

October 15th, 2020 12:00

I am having the same issue on a E310DW Printer. Has a solution been found to the problem?

1 Message

May 19th, 2021 21:00

Have you found a solution, as I am having the same problem with my dell e310?

Thanks would appreciate any help you have

1 Message

May 20th, 2021 11:00

I got same problem!

2 Posts

January 11th, 2022 07:00

I am having the exact same problem. Any help?!

January 13th, 2022 03:00

Thank you for providing the solution related to Printer. If you are facing a problem related to an HP laptop like your laptop is not working and want to solve for how to HP Laptop Touchpad Not Working. We provide technical help at any time 24*7 availability.

2 Posts

March 4th, 2022 10:00

Same problem for me, and so sad about it. I had just bought some replacement toner cartridges for it, and now I can't use it. I did find this excellent article which is very thorough and quite technical:

https://www.warzone.org/2021/06/12/brother-hl-l2360dw-repair/

If I understand the article, replacing the main board in the printer will solve the problem, but according to the article's conclusion: "I think both the firmware and EEPROM were corrupted during the power loss / surge event." This line of thinking is consistent with my experience, because mine started misbehaving right after I had unplugged it and plugged it back in after rearranging my office a bit.

Would love some help from Dell on resetting the "firmware and EEPROM", because I truly believe it is not a hardware problem. Please?!?

346 Posts

September 2nd, 2022 00:00

Explanation of Errors.
Restart the Printer with the Data Connections Removed.
Clear the Print Queues.
Reinstall the Driver.
Change the Printer's IP Address.
Update the Printer's Firmware.
Reset the Printer's NVRAM.
Steps for Printing Corrupt Jobs.

Regards,
John

No Events found!