Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

October 21st, 2010 06:00

Printer Spooler Service not running

When I try to print, I keep getting this error.  I have uninstalled my printer software and reinstalled it again.  Still get the same error.  When I go to My Computer and bring up printers, it is a blank page.  I don't know where to go from here.  Looking for help.  Remember I am a senior trying to learn so talk to me in plain english.  Thanks

October 21st, 2010 11:00

Thanks, Rick.  My computer is a Dell Inspiron 630S.  I tried loading the printer software from the disc that care with the printer and also direct online in case there was something wrong with my cd.  Is this helpful?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 21st, 2010 11:00

seniorlearner,

Make and model of your computer and operating system helpful. 32-bit or 64-bit?

Make and model of the printer and how you're trying to connect the printer to your computer.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 21st, 2010 12:00

seniorlearner,

Maybe a Dell Inspiron 630M? What operasting system? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Start, control panel, system. It will give you the information there.

What make and model is your printer?

Rick

October 21st, 2010 12:00

Sorry Rick...it is a 530S.  My printer is a Photo All-In-One 926 (Dell), running Windows XP ... not sure about 32 or 64.  Went to Systems on control panel and it did not say anything other than XP

October 21st, 2010 13:00

Rick, I have also gone into My Computer and checked the Print Spooler.  The start up type was set to automatic and the service status was stopped so I did click Start and ...Error 2:  System cannot find the file specified...came up.  Do I need to go somewhere or take one of the discs that came with my computer and reload it maybe.  I am so frustrated....never heard of a print spooler before.

senior learner

October 21st, 2010 13:00

In addition to the print spooler service unavailable error, I also get "RPC Server Unavailable".  Problem is, I don't really know what either of these are, just that my printer will not print...so frustrating.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 21st, 2010 15:00

seniorlearner,

I really want to help you but I need some information.

Make and model of the computer and operating system. 32-bit or 64-bit? (It doesn't matter if the computer is a Dell or another brand, we're not picky here, just try to help others)

Make and model of the printer and how it's connected to the computer.

I have a printer cleanup utility for most of Dell's inkjet printers but each one is for each printer, so I cannot point you inthe right direction until I have this information. If it's what I think, the solution will be easy, once the information is provided.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 21st, 2010 16:00

seniorlearner,

Sorry, I need to read all my emails, LOL.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the XP drivers(most XP computers are 32-bit)

Install the Xp drivers. You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on)

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 926 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Rick

March 14th, 2013 23:00

** Spooler Problem fixed **

I had the same Problem before and now I have it solved help of this following article please click below and follow their mentioned steps and get your problem fixed.

Click this link

www.techsupportall.com/print-spooler-is-not-running

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 15th, 2013 04:00

Due to age, this thread will be lock.

If you need assistance, please create a new thread in the proper Dell Support Forums

Thank you,

Rick

No Events found!