Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2008 15:00

Printer can't 'see' new ink cartridges

Hi, I have a Dell Photo AIO Printer 926 and I've put in new ink cartridges for the first time. The Printer keeps saying that both ink levels are very low.  I've printed test papers and an alignment page and that ink level message keeps popping up. I don't know what to do to fix this.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 15th, 2008 15:00

First, did you replace the ink cartridges with Dell Series 9 ink cartridges? Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Try re-installing the printer this way. Sometimes if the drivers anrn't installed correctly, you see the ink cartridges being low.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

54 Posts

November 18th, 2008 16:00

Thanks for responding.  I am using refilled ink cartridges, so that explains why then.  Thanks very much

No Events found!