Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 26th, 2010 03:00

Printer problems dell V310 SERIES

hI hope someone can help me i have a month old dell inkjet printer today i have tried to print my sons homework and i get a printhead error so i followed to instruction to clean the printhead and not only can i NOT clear the error message it still says there is a printhead error i have tried cleaning it 6 times so far i have turned it off and back on again and still i get the printhead message, can someone help me

Thanks in advance

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 26th, 2010 05:00

Star 65,

I have threads to these links and they might look familiar.

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Pay close attention to step 5 that states...(Reseat the ink cartridges)

Insert the ink cartridge.

1. Using two hands, lower the front end of the cartridge (the end that is facing you) into the printhead, make sure the lip on the cartridge hooks into the printhead.
  2. Pivot the back of the cartridge into the printhead and then press down on the back of the cartridge until you feel the cartridge click into place.

There is a lip on the cartridge and not inserting the cartridge is probably where the error is coming from.

Rick

24 Posts

November 26th, 2010 08:00

hi Rick,

Thanks i tried it again and i am sure i have got it in right and it still gives me the same error message in fact the printer won't let me do anything else it just keeps scrolling the message and refer to user manuel, i have to say i am annoyed covered in ink and no closer to sorting it out but thank you for your help

Trish:emotion-2:

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 26th, 2010 09:00

Trish,

Unplugging the printer from the wall, then removing the power brick from the printer for 60 seconds, should reset any error message the printer is getting.

Rick

24 Posts

November 28th, 2010 09:00

yes i did that and as soon as its plugged back in the same error nothing for it but will have to ring dell in the morning and hope they will send me a new print head i guess thanks for all your help

Trish

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 28th, 2010 14:00

Trish,

Sorry I could not be of help. Dell usually had this information to provide, first.

Resolving Printhead Errors by Cleaning the Printhead on a Dell V313/V313w/V515w/V715w/P513w/P713w AIO Inkjet Printer

and

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Let me know what happens.

Rick

24 Posts

December 5th, 2010 05:00

Hi Rick ,

Thanks again for your support Dell have decided that its the printhead thats faulty and not me being blonde and are replacing it. Hopefully they will be able to get through with all this snow.

Trish:emotion-2:

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 5th, 2010 11:00

Trish,

But there's no snow here! :emotion-5: It's just cold in Lancaster, Pa. I really do hate snow when it dumps a large amount.

Let me know if the new printhead helps.

Rick

24 Posts

December 9th, 2010 14:00

Rick,

I now have a working printer and my son can no longer avoid his homework :), thanks again for trying to help your a star

Trish

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 9th, 2010 15:00

Trish,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Sorry to hear about your son now having to do his homework! :emotion-5:

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!