Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

January 5th, 2010 18:00

Printing error on laptop

Every so often, I am not able to print from my laptop - connected to home wireless network.  Usually, I can fix problem by simply turning off printer - diconnecting and then restarting my laptop and logging in.  This fix is not workinng this time. 

Background:  my laptop is WINDOWS 2003  XP

My desk top - connected directly to printer is VISTA

Any ideas ?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 6th, 2010 01:00

jrisius,

Since we don't know what printer you have and how it's connected, these are tweaks to try.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

7 Posts

January 6th, 2010 14:00

Unfortunatley - this didnt work.  Any other ideas?  I have  an HP Photosmart 4200C printer.  My laptop recognizes that this printer exists on my home network. Its is set as the defalt printer --- 

Thanks  - Jeff

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 6th, 2010 17:00

No Events found!