Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 12th, 2011 08:00

Printing from my MacBook (Apple) to my P713W

I just purchased the Dell P713w all in one wireless printer and have it installed on my PCs just fine, but I can not get the driver to install on my MacBook from Apple.  I followed the instructions and it is visible, but says the driver is not available.  "Software for this printer isn’t available from Apple. Contact the printer’s manufacturer for the latest software."  When I search on Dell's website, I can only find the instructions on how to install, but not the driver.  Can someone direct me to the right location/instructions?

Thanks,

Vince

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 12th, 2011 09:00

Vince,

THIS DRIVER is the Mac Driver for the Dell P713w Wireless Printer. It probably will work for the version of Mac OX but not for Lion.

If my memory serves me correctly, this printer was made for Dell by Kodak. If you can find a similar printer on Kodak's website, the drivers may or may not work.

You may also have to install Gutenprint for Mac OS X

Rick

3 Posts

November 13th, 2011 20:00

This worked great, thank you!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 14th, 2011 03:00

Vince,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. NOT quite sure what I did, since I'm not familar with Mac's.

Take care,

Rick

3 Posts

November 15th, 2011 03:00

I have the same problem, then you use gutenprint driver ? which one ? (kodak ?)

3 Posts

November 15th, 2011 04:00

All I did was follow this link, THIS DRIVER is the Mac Driver for the Dell P713w Wireless Printer.  (if the link did not copy, then go to the first response above).  It was pretty straight forward from there.  I did not have to install anything else or go to any other link and it worked perfect.  After the install, I was prompted by the standard Dell P713w questions until I got to the last page that asked me if I wanted to print a test page, and away it printed.  I was printing last night just like normal.  

I am not sure if I helped, but all I did was follow the first link above called "This Driver".

1 Message

January 29th, 2012 11:00

I just purchased the Dell P713w all in one wireless printer and have it installed on my PCs just fine, but I can not get the driver to install on my MacBook from Apple.  I followed the instructions and it is visible, but says the driver is not available.  "Software for this printer isn’t available from Apple. Contact the printer’s manufacturer for the latest software."  When I search on Dell's website, I can only find the instructions on how to install, but not the driver.  Can someone direct me to the right location/instructions?

Thanks,

Vince

No Events found!