I have a dell a960. I got a warning notice that the printer cartridge was "low" but it's still not empty. yesterday, all of the printouts started coming out blurry. It seems it's the black ink only. I ran a test page and the color is clear but the black/gray is only on one side of the page and very "streaky".
I ran the module to clean the printer head but it's still not working.
As you have run the module to clean the printer head and since you have also confirmed that the ink is not empty, please try to wipe the Ink Cartridge Nozzles and the Contacts. To do so please follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Remove the ink cartridges.
2. Dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with water.
3. Gently hold the cloth against the nozzles for about three seconds, and then wipe in the direction shown in the picture below.
4. Using another clean section of the cloth, gently hold the cloth against the contacts for about three seconds, and then wipe in the direction shown in the picture below.
5. With another clean section of the cloth, repeat steps 3 through 4.
6. Let the nozzles and contacts dry completely.
7. Reinsert the ink cartridges.
8. Clean the print nozzles. (You can also run the module to clean the print head again)
9. Print your document again.
10. If the print quality does not improve, repeat step 8 up to two more times.
11. If print quality is still not satisfactory, consider replacing the ink cartridges.
Please find the below link using which you can download the user’s manual. For your information, once you download it you can refer the Ink cartridge maintenance and Troubleshooting topics.
I hope you find this useful. Please do write back in case you need any further assistance on the same.
Thanks & Regards
Thanks and regards,