Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2013 00:00

Problems with a Dell V105.

I've had this problem with my Dell V105 lately.

Before, it would print my pictures at a decent quality in both grayscale and colour. Then, I ran into this problem in which, for some reason, the black ink cartridge wasn't being recognized. I switched it out, and it seems to work sometimes.

However, now, I'm finding the colour doesn't work at all. Anything with colour in it will cut off half way through the print or sometimes even at the beginning. I've tried aligning the cartridges many times, as well as cleaning them and even changing them out. Nothing seems to want to do the trick. I'm starting to think it's a problem with the actual jet, or maybe even just a really strange alignment issue? I'm unsure. If there is anyone out there that might have suggestions, please feel free to let me know. Unfortunately my latest print jobs were urgent, and now I can't deliver.

1.5K Posts

March 6th, 2013 06:00

Hi Tegami ,

Welcome to the community.

I understand we are facing issues with the colour printing on this printer. Please check the link below which would be helpful in resolving this issue:

http://dell.to/WsY2na

Please perform these steps and let us know the results of the same so we can advise you further.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

2 Posts

March 6th, 2013 06:00

Hello!

Thank you very much. I'm afraid none of these steps worked, though. I still have the same result as I did before. I'm just really hoping it's not broken!

1.5K Posts

March 6th, 2013 07:00

Hi Tegami,

Have you checked the printer with different cartridge. If the issue still occurs with replacing the cartridge as well then it might be an issue with the print head.

Unfortunately print head is not a separate part in this printer so if it goes faulty complete printer needs to be replaced for the same.

Please let us know this information so we can advise you further.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

March 22nd, 2013 20:00

I have issue with V105 scanner.  the Dell V105 software "scan" button never works.  I keep clicking it, and nothing.  So, I tried the Scan button on the printer case, again, nothing.  Any ideas what might cause the scanner to never work?  Running WIN XP 32-bit SP3.

1.5K Posts

March 23rd, 2013 06:00

Hi Dell_user_XPS8500,

I understand that you are unable to scan using the printer. Please check the link below which would be helpful in resolving this issue:

http://dell.to/WJIlvN

Kindly perform these steps and let us know the results of the same so we can advise you further.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

March 23rd, 2013 11:00

Hi Sandeep P;  I clicked on the link you provided, and it does load an active page.  Error message reads "Article Not Found - The chosen document is not currently available. Please try again later."

Please provide an active link.

Thnx.

1.5K Posts

March 26th, 2013 08:00

Hi Dell_user_XPS8500,

Please check the link again as it might be a temporary issue with the website. I have checked the link and ensured it is working fine.

If you still face an issue opening the link then kindly check it in a different browser. If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

March 26th, 2013 19:00

Hi Sandeep;  I was able to download the software and follow the installation.  This did not resolve my scanning issues.  The software scan function hangs and well as the Scan button on top of the printer.  Pressing it, open the Dell V105 software and hangs on scan screen.  Now, I lost on what ideas you have next to solve scan issues?

thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 27th, 2013 04:00

Dell_user_XPS8500,

Do you have the OCR Program installed?

Start, all programs, ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint, ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint

Do you have the printer disk?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

March 27th, 2013 10:00

Hi Rick;

1.)  I have Abby Sprint 6.0 OCR software.  It too does not scan using the Dell V105.

2.)  Yes, I tried uninstalling and re-installing from Disc, same issue, no Scan.

3.)  Anti Virus is McAfee

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 27th, 2013 13:00

Dell_user_XPS8500,

Printer wired or wireless? Does it have a WiFi light? If yes, what color is the light?

Try...

Allow a printer past McAfee

Try waking the printer and see if it works.

Rick

March 28th, 2013 05:00

Hi Rick;  thank you for your replies and attempts to help me.  This situation is odd as I know the Scan function works, because I'm able to scan the Test Print document for New Ink Cartridge installation alignment..  I follow the Dell steps and I press the Scan icon button on the top of the printer unit.

No, the printer is not wireless and does not have the Light your asking about.  The printer is direct hardwired to my laptop via high speed USB 2.0 cable.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 28th, 2013 15:00

Dell_user_XPS8500,

Sorry for the delay. appointments this week.

Can you copy a document under the glass? Black and white and color?

If yes, I would follow the instructions below and reinstall the printer.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove stuck print jobs from the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Start, control panel, programs and features, Dell V105 printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed.

With the computer online, insert the Dell V105 Printer disk choose new installation, usb connection and follow the instructions.

Remember to read...

Allow a printer past McAfee

Try this tweak...

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

What happens?

Rick

May 6th, 2013 13:00

Hi Rick:  I cannot Can you copy a document under the glass in  Black and white and color.  However, when I install a new ink cartridge, it does allow me to scan the ink test print for cartridge alignment check.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 7th, 2013 03:00

Dell_user_XPS8500,

Not being able to copy a document under the glass, tels me there is an issue with the Dell Series 15 ink cartridge(s)

You are using Dell Series 15 ink cartridges, correct?

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 15 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 15 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 15 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 15 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 15 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would take these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Rick

No Events found!