Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 17th, 2017 21:00

S2825cdn screen is blank white

So my client, who i told to by Dell as her new printer calls me as this one is just off warranty.  I go down and she is right, the screen is blank white.  Back-lit with not one line or anything on it.  I shut it down and then brought it back up.  same thing.  Any thoughts?

Right now she is about to swear off everything dell and i would like to prevent that if i can.

52 Posts

September 16th, 2017 20:00

Hi JWBlack,

One thought is to make sure the printer is connected directly to the power outlet, no power strip nor UPS.  This is noted in the user's guide (page 31) - refer to the contents below.  If this does not work, then the next suggestion is to have the printer serviced.  

www.dell.com/.../manuals

Turning On the Printer

WARNING:

• Do not use extension cords or power strips.

• The printer should not be connected to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) system.

1 Connect the power cord to the power connector on the rear of the printer, and then

to an electrical outlet.

9.4K Posts

August 18th, 2017 08:00

Hi JWBlack,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your printer is not working as expected.

Have you tried clearing the NAVRAM?  Here is some information you may find helpful: http://dell.to/2w91QXz

3 Posts

September 16th, 2017 21:00

I would be happy to get it serviced, but there is no one here on this Island that will do it.  I am the go to guy for dell repairs here, but i cannot get a manual (service, not user).  if i can id the part i can change it out.  

No Events found!