Highlighted
chipconnection
1 Nickel

Scanning on iMac (OS 10.6.4) with Dell 1235cn

I need some help getting a Dell Multifunction Color Laser 1235cn to scan to a Mac.

I have downloaded and installed the drivers from Dell's website.  The scanner is listed in System Preferences but does not function properly.

1. When I try to scan either from the Flatbed or the ADF, the scanner makes a small noise like a gear just starting to turn.  Then nothing.
    1. If I initiate the scan with the software on the Mac, it acts like it thinks the scanner is working, but no image comes up.
    2. If I initiate the scan from the 1235cn (Scan to PC -> Local PC) I get an error on the LCD, "Not Available"

I've tried both USB and network connections.  Neither work.  The printer does print ok though.

Thanks,

-John 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AccNicolas
1 Copper

Re: Scanning on iMac (OS 10.6.4) with Dell 1235cn

Same problem here!!!

Do you have already a solution?

Best Regards

Nicolas

0 Kudos
Parker.Wills
1 Nickel

Re: Scanning on iMac (OS 10.6.4) with Dell 1235cn

I need some help getting a Dell Multifunction Color Laser 1235cn to scan to a Mac.

I have downloaded and installed the drivers from Dell's website.  The scanner is listed in System Preferences but does not function properly.

1. When I try to scan either from the Flatbed or the ADF, the scanner makes a small noise like a gear just starting to turn.  Then nothing.
    1. If I initiate the scan with the software on the Mac, it acts like it thinks the scanner is working, but no image comes up.
    2. If I initiate the scan from the 1235cn (Scan to PC -> Local PC) I get an error on the LCD, "Not Available"

I've tried both USB and network connections.  Neither work.  The printer does print ok though.

Thanks,

-John 

Have you solved the problem? I've been always concerned about it, Thank you!
0 Kudos