Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2009 19:00

Sharing a wired printer .

Hello,

My name is January72 and I am trying to share my wired Dell Photo AIO 926 with the rest of my network. My network includes a Dell Dimension 5100 Desktop (Windows XP MCE SP3), Dell Studio 1737 Laptop (Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 x64 bit) and an eMachine Desktop (Windows XP). The Dimension 5100 Desktop & Studio 1737 Laptop are connected via a Linksys Wireless N Router. The eMachine Desktop is also connected to the Linksys router, but through one of the ports on the back.The Photo AIO 926 is directly connected via a USB connector  to the Dimension 5100.

Every time I try to share the printer from the Properties window, I get the Red X Printer Properties Error Message "Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be saved" dialog box. 

I have turned Print Spooler services on to no avail. I have created a Workgroup in the System Properties window to no avail. I don't know what else to do. 

If there is anyone out there who can give me a new direction to go in I will be very greatful.:emotion-6:

Sincerely,

January72      

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 25th, 2009 21:00

January72,

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Next, I recommend that you use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings in your wireless router to make communicating work its best. (I use channel 11)

You need to run this patch on all Vista machines(it also works on XP machines)

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers, choose network, then choose my computer is connected to a host computer.

Also, it that fails, then try reading...

Sharing a printer through a wireless network

Rick

No Events found!