Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 21st, 2009 11:00

Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed. VISTA, Dell Studio, Epson SX405 Printer

Hi,

I constantly have a 'Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed.' error message. I have read many other forums all with different systems. I have removed all the printer drivers from my machine and reinstalled my printer. The error still occurs. I am denied permission to manualy restart the spooler using the run command.  Please help.

CoffeeMad.

4 Posts

September 22nd, 2009 19:00

Hi!

First of all, you must have an admistrator rights to turn off the print spooler.

Right click on CMD then run as administrator.

Under CMD. Type in:

1. net stop spooler
2. sc config spooler depend= RPCSS start= Auto
3. net start spooler

Hope this will work.

hehe

September 22nd, 2009 23:00

Hi,

Thank you for that. I found some more files from my old Lexmark Printer and removed them. That seems to have done the trick for now. But I will hang on to your note in case it happens again. I thought I had fixed it once before and the problem returned.

Thank you.

CM.

1 Message

August 12th, 2011 16:00

I have a dell 1545 with windows vista 32 bit os. I am getting a spooler subsystem app stopped working. I am unable to access the internet or the control panel.

I am in dire staights please help!!!!

1 Message

January 26th, 2016 05:00

These are the steps of possible manual solution:

1. Scan your system for malware like spoolsv.exe, spoolsu.exe, spoolsv0.exe, spoolso.exe or sp00lsv.exe.

2. Performing net stop spooler command

3. Removal of the .shd and .spl files from system Spool and printer's Temp folders

4. Removal of the registry keys with printer’s job queue

5. Restart the service with net start spooler command

To see the detailed instructions and for the information on automatized tools, please visit: 

No Events found!