Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2006 23:00

Suddenly can't print: Error 50C "cartridge error", All in One 940 printer

Valid help with an actual solution would be much appreciated on this matter. I have an All in One A940 printer and out of the blue, without touching  or changing anything, I am now getting a cartridge error  50-C. 
I have not had a good experience on the whole with this product, despite how much I want to like it.
I have read other postings and see that eveyone else has had zero luck on the whole.  I am not going to reload my OS to fix this thing... that is a rediculous solution to propose.  I am also not going to replace expensive ink cartidges early just to give dell more money for an error starting from their product.
 The manual directs the user to do the typical run-around , to no avail of course.  The error screen and directions on screen say to turn on/of replace cartidges, , ...etc - and continue priniting (I wish).
Could someone / Anyone please tell me how this is remedied?  Thanks in advance.

1 Message

June 21st, 2006 01:00

I have the same problem.  I don't even know how to access the key to the error messages.  How do you do that?  (I don't have the hard copy manual any more.)

What is a 50C cartridge error?  If replacing the cartridges fixes the problem, I'm sending the old cartridges back for a refund.

3 Posts

June 27th, 2006 09:00

The hard copy manual is useless, the run-about; just tells you to check/replace the cartidges.  People's replies on the topic are much more helpful than the manual, so -- no loss on not having it.  I think you can download the manual from the site.
On a good / mystery not, after about 1-1/2 ~ 2 months of not working, my printer -suddenly- started working again the other day.. I have no idea why..... I expect the issue to come back, but I hope I'm wrong.
The only thing I could tell from people's repliesis that messing around with the cartidges seems to have worked for a minority of people.  I suspect that most people gave up and bought sledgehammers.
Good luck.  I hope mine keeps working.... If not, I suspect that I'll be back on this message board.

1 Message

October 4th, 2006 18:00

Same problem here, and also an hardware error 5040 with the text, check you manual...
Read it over, but no error codes found... This is the second a940 from dell, the first was also having troubles..
Please somebody explain these codes.

1.7K Posts

October 5th, 2006 21:00

If you use the Troubleshooting Wizard you will see the error codes. Here is a link for this printer.

1 Message

December 9th, 2006 19:00

My printer has been acting stupid for awhile, then I got this error after trying to clean the cartrides by taking them out and wiping them with a wet cloth.  after i put them in the black one gave me the error 50C.  I took it out and found that one tiny corner of the orange compuer tape on the face of the cartridge had become bent over and was covering one of the pin connectors.  I guess this caused a communication error of some sort.  I bent the ribbon/tape back up and inserted it the best I could to not bend it again and it printed just  the same (bad) as it had before it started giving me the errors to begin with.

Hope this helps someone else.
No Events found!