Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 17th, 2013 20:00

Unable to install B1160w on MAC OS X Mavericks

I am trying to install the driver wirelessly on my MACbook Pro (current generation) and every time I do the install it hangs after I agree to the SW License agreement. There is a blue dot next to the display warning entry. I have not tried installing while connected by the USB cable. 

When I go though the printer & scanner install and select add the OS sees the printer but when I select it, auto select says the driver isn't available from apple, it is not displayed under select SW, and when I select other none if the files seem do anything.

I am able to install and print to it from my win7 laptop.

4 Posts

December 22nd, 2014 18:00

I ran into the same problem when I updated to Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks.  I lost the use of the computer that was about 9 months old at the time.  Now I am on Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite --- my Macbook Pro sees the printer, but I can't send anything to it. 

What can I do?
Laurel

4 Posts

December 22nd, 2014 18:00

It's Laurel, again.....when I purchased the Dell B1160w, I was on Mac OS 10.8.  Worked fine.  After updating the OS to Mavericks, the Dell download process also hung for me -- I would get so far, then it would not go any further  --- repeatedly.  So, I have not been able to use it since then.  What to do with it?

2 Posts

September 29th, 2023 10:23

I am running SONOMA 14.0 on my new MacBook Air and the printer flashing green when I print from the MacBook but the printer doesn't print. I strongly suspect that the latest driver for the B1160W (which is from 2017, nothing later than that date) is n to compatible with the SONOMA 14.0 version. I have asked Dell of there is a workaround but they say the unit is out of warranty and I need to pay for support. I am only asking a question.....

No Events found!