Highlighted
Nelix82
Copper

V305 all-in-one printer wont scan

PLEASE HELP!!

I recently got the V305 printer all-in-one and I cannot scan for the life of me.  It is connected via USB cable and when I try to scan it takes a couple minutes trying to "download applications list".  Then it says that it "cannot retrieve applications list".  I have tried re-installing it, re-starting my computer, downloading the newest drivers for the printer from dell.com and nothing has helped. Hopefully someone can enlighten me as to what the problem is.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
32 Replies

Re: V305 all-in-one printer wont scan

Disconnect your printer.

Un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Starting at the bottom, USB Root Hubs, and working your way to the top, USB Universal Controllers, un-install everything in that section.

Restart your computer. Windows will find everything again and correct the problem one. Please be patient. The new hardware wizard may work 3-5 minutes before it's done.

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)(Please use a 4ft USB Cable or less, since USB power doesn't travel long distances.)

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign. Go to the USB Root hubs and right click on each one, left click properties, left click power management and uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Marcador
Copper

Hey Nelix,

I just got my V305w (wireless version) today. I set it all up and it prints and copies just fine except scanning. I have the exact same problem as you. I select the computer i want the scan to go to over my wireless network and then it says "download applications list" for about a minute followed by "cannot retrieve applications list" and it just returns to the main menu, never completing the scan.

At first i thought it must be a problem with the wireless setup, but since your printer is hooked up directly to you pc it must be a software issue. I even tried starting a scan using the Dell Imaging Toolbox but it says it cannot connect to the printer.

Sorry I don't really have a solution for you but hopefully there are some moderators reading this post and reporting this issue.

0 Kudos
Nelix82
Copper

I'm glad it's not just me. I though it was just a "user error"

0 Kudos

There definitely has to be something wrong with this product because I can't scan either and I have a Dell V305 All-In-One. I can print and copy just fine, but when it goes to scan it also says that "Downloading Application List" and then a few minutes later "Cannot retrieve application list".

0 Kudos
ba12345
Copper

i'm having the same problem.   It locks up "downloading application list".  I've unistalled the printer, reinstalled the installation software. 

This is very frustrating, even more so since this printer costs approx. $.19/pg in ink to print.

0 Kudos

No answer here either, but I have the exact same problem.  Worked with Dell Technical Support and they wanted to send a new printer.  I declined because I don't scan much and I'm not convinced this is a hardware issue.  For the amount of hassle it takes to return etc, I'd rather just live with it.  For the small amount of scanning I do, I will just connect with USB.

Will keep my eye on this thread for any info

0 Kudos
lozzy
Copper

I have this printer and it works to scan, all I did was loaded the cd that came with my printer, your get a Dell install screen come up contiune until you get the 4th screen which asks you what software you would like to install cilck install additional software. hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much!! That worked like a charm!!

0 Kudos

Thank you.

This works if the scan is initiated from the DELL Imaging toolbox.

Scanning straight from the printer to the PC over wireless still does not work (I have more than one laptop).

0 Kudos