I've read through the thread regarding some familiar problems, but none of the proposed solutions have worked. I have been using my V305 with my new laptop (Inspiron 1420)/Windows 7 for several months with no issues. Then, as of two days ago, I cannot get it to print. It will copy, scan, but not print. A document gets sent to the printer, the printer window appears, and then it freezes. I have uninstalled and installed multiple times, using the install disk and online installation methods. I even went and got the second V305 from my work office, brought it home, and tried that. Same situation. I have checed firewalls (McAfee), USB ports, everything.
Has anyone figured this out?
Thanks in advance
You can try running a troubleshooter to diagnose and resolve common printing issues.
To run a printing troubleshooter:
Click on the Start button , and then click ‘Control Panel’. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click ‘Troubleshooting’. Under: ‘Hardware and Sound’, click ‘Use a printer’.
If the above step does not resolve the issue, follow the next set of steps:
Stop the Print Spooler Service:
1) Click Start.
2) Type ‘cmd’ in the Start Search box.
Search results should appear.
3) Right-click on ‘cmd’ in the search results, and select ‘Run as Administrator’.
The command window will appear.
4) Type ‘net stop spooler’ into the command window and press <ENTER>.
The Print Spooler service should now be stopped.
Delete the Printer Drivers:
Note: These steps will remove drivers for all printers installed on the system.
1) Click Start.
2) In the Start Search box, type ‘C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\w32x86’ and press <ENTER>.
3) Delete all the files and folders in this directory.
Remove the Dell printer software:
1) Click ‘Start’.
2) Click ‘Control Panel’.
3) Click ‘Programs’.
4) Click ‘Programs and Features’.
5) Right click the software related to the attached Dell printer to highlight it.
6) Click ‘Uninstall’/’Change’.
7) Follow through the prompts in order to remove the software.
😎 Restart the computer.
Unplug the USB cable which connects the printer with your system, if connected and re install the printer driver:
http://dell.to/O0PCoJ (Compatible with windows 7 64 bit)
http://dell.to/PUzyRK (Compatible with windows 7 32 bit)
Keep me posted. Please reply if you have any questions.
Thanks and Regards,
To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6