Highlighted
DCornell1
1 Copper

Re: V305w printer installation causes wireless connection problems

I already said what kind of router I had, so why the exclamation and questions now? I don't really understand your concern that "the printer will not be able to connect and print" because, as I already said, I have been able to connect and print wirelessly with other Dell computers. Also, I already set the router to the settings previously recommended. You might want to look at the full exchange of posts here to see what has already been tried. Don't blame the router. The problem is not the router; it is the Dell Inspiron with Vista.  

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Re: V305w printer installation causes wireless connection problems

DCornell1,

Sorry I was really busy and I guess I should have read that your issue was with the last and lonely computer.

Virus programs, firewall and security suites are the most common items that block communications. I did have a few issues with my printer during electrical storms and power flickeds where I could not communicate. I powered off the router, 3300, printer for 30 seconds, then powered everything back on and communications came back.

Some of the computers have problems with the wireless cards. Go to Start, device manager, network and double click on your network card. Look for antenna diversity and see if it's set to Aux. That seemed to help a few people with this issue. Slowly running out of things to try. You might want to make a new thread in the Dell Networking, Internet, Wireless Forum and maybe someone there can suggest something I'm overlooking. I think I also had an issue with another Inspiron 530.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos