Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 25th, 2014 12:00

V313w, not printing

First I apologize if this is redundant. I've spent countless hours scouring the web for answers and have not found anything to fix my issue. I've searched the forums as best I can but to no avail. I am having an issue with a Dell V313w all in one that seems common yet I've seen no concrete answers to resolve this. Basically what's happening is the printer seems to not be getting the message that there's a print job. It will print say one time then when I go to print a second document it will sometimes make the noises like its going to print but does noting. The document gets stuck in queue and I have to reboot the computer to clear it. I've done all the recommended steps, stop and start the spool manually, run the command to stop and re started the spool. I've removed all anti virus, removed and re-installed the printer as a device and have updated the dell firmware. Nothing seems to work. The copy function works fine so I know t he device will print. It's the communication from the computer to the printer. I've toggled all the USB ports to continue supplying power and the issue occurs without the PC going into hibernation. My PC is a Dell Insprion 570 running Windows 7 64Bit with an AMD Athalon II processor. Any help would be appreciated before I toss this printer into the wall. Thanks, Eric

2 Posts

April 18th, 2014 01:00

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem with my Dell v313w and Dell XPS 64 bit win7 computer.

Has anyone confirmed that removal of explorer 11 is the solution to this problem?

My sister yesterday couldn't get a boarding pass printed. She got the first page printed and then ran into this problem. She rebooted the computer and then on printing the page it wouldn't print the black ink even though there is black ink.

I have been using printers all my life and this printer model, quite frankly, is the worst model I have had the misfortune to have had. I got it as a presnt with my laptop and planning to dump it if I cant get this issue resolved permanently.

Thanks in advance

3 Posts

February 25th, 2014 15:00

Problem solved. I don't know if I'm more miffed that it took so long to find the issue or that the issue is Internet Explorer 11. Either way all is working with removing IE11 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 25th, 2014 16:00

ewalls,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

3 Posts

April 18th, 2014 06:00

Once i rolled back to IE10 the issue went away and I have been able to print normally since. That is indeed the issue.

6 Posts

February 3rd, 2015 09:00

I am having the same issue. My usb dell V313w will print 3 pages and then stop printing the rest of document.

I unplug printer, restart computer then it will spit out the rest of the pages. Then the process starts all over again with a new document.

Thx, Tracy

1 Message

February 3rd, 2015 20:00

I just installed a brand new ink cartridge to my dell printer v313 and the black cartridge does not print

6 Posts

February 4th, 2015 04:00

I have IE 10 and having same issue. Did you go back to IE 9? Not sure I follow. Thx

6 Posts

February 4th, 2015 04:00

Oh, sorry so IE 11 was the problem but my computer still is working on IE 10. I had just finished a scan and found an issue but printer is still not operating properly.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 5th, 2015 15:00

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

The other option is to turn off the balloon tips for the printer.

Start, control panel, devices and printer, your printer, printing preferences, advanced, more options. Tell it to never show. The problem with this setting is you cannot tell if you're low on ink, printer jams, Etc.

Rick

March 22nd, 2015 17:00

can not put printer into laptop says need disk

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 25th, 2015 16:00

rbettyboop1952,

The drivers can be found in the Dell V313 All-In-One Printer owners thread

The printer disk is needed for the OCR Program. This is needed to scan and fax.

Rick

1 Message

April 26th, 2015 06:00

I have had this problem since I purchased my Dell Studio XPS 7100 computer and V313w in 2010.  I have just uninstalled IE11 and selected the "never" box in your screen shot above.  Still cannot print.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 27th, 2015 16:00

Crab4361,

Did you try turning off the printers balloon tips, like mentioned above?

Rick

1 Message

August 16th, 2015 15:00

I am experiencing the same problem.  Seems to be a common problem with this printer.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 17th, 2015 08:00

carol813,

Does the print job(s) print if you restart your computer?

Rick

No Events found!