Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MH

July 23rd, 2013 07:00

V505 printer freezes

Hi,

I have a remote user with a v505 printer on his new Windows 7 laptop which is connected with a USB cable. When he tries to print, it will start printing and then freeze. He says small files seem to print but larger files, like PDFs, will start printing and then hang. He tried connecting the printer to his own personal laptop from home and it works fine so it appears that the printer and the cable are ok.

I could try removing and reinstalling the printer but I think that's already been done. I have time scheduled with him tomorrow so I'm trying to find what I should look at.

Thanks.

2.6K Posts

July 23rd, 2013 07:00

Hi Mr. Hansen,

Perform the steps below and ensure that the services required for the printer to work are started.

1. Press the “Windows + R” to launch the run window.
  2. Type “Services.msc” in the run window and hit the Enter key.

Right click each service mentioned below, click properties. Set the startup type as “Automatic” from the drop down menu and click “Start”. Please click “Apply” to save the changes.

The services to be enabled are:

• Human Interface Devices (HID).
  • Printer Spooler.
  • RPC (Remote Procedure Call).
  • RPC Locator (Remote Procedure Call Locator).
  • Windows image acquisition (WIA).
  • Windows Installer.

Restart the computer after the Services are started, and try to print a large PDF document.

If the issue persists, disable Firewall in antivirus program from the computer and check; if you are able to print after firewall is disabled in the computer, then printer needs to be given exceptions in firewall settings.

Please check and reply for any further help.

No Events found!