Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2012 09:00

V515 under Windows 8 not working

I'm unable to print to my Dell V515w printer after Windows 8 upgrade. Has anyone succeeded in getting this to work?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 31st, 2012 04:00

Hi griverajr,

To understand the issue further, please let me know after upgrading the operating system to windows 8 have you installed the printer V515W drivers in the computer?
What is the connection type that you are using to connect the printer and the computer (wired/wireless)?

Please reply for further help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 31st, 2012 16:00

griverajr,

Wen you upgraded to Windows 8, if this was a Dell computer, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Looking at the Microsoft Windows 8 Compatibility with Dell Printers I see that your printer is compatible. Did you try the Vista drivers in the Vista SP2  Compatibility mode?

If you need further assistance, DELL-Nikhil De can assist you.

Rick

6 Posts

October 31st, 2012 19:00

I attempted to reload the Windows 7 driver for the V515W printer but Windows 8 would not allow it. It basically stated that the driver would not work with the OS. Dell is working on Windows 8 drivers and according to them they should be available soon.

1 Message

November 1st, 2012 15:00

I am having the same problem.  I am very disappointed that Dell has not provided the necessary drivers by now.  They have known that Windows 8 for quite some time.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 7th, 2012 14:00

Hi griverajr/ Madgolfer3,

You can try installing the windows 7 64 bit drivers for the printer to work with windows 8 operating system, do not use Driver cd for the printer, please use this link: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/DriverDetails/Product/dell-v515w?driverId=M0H6C&osCode=W764&fileId=2905994913

1)      Click the above link, select drivers and downloads from the option and the page looks as follows:

2)      From the select Download file.

3)      Once the download is completed, run the driver file.

4)      Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

5)     Restart the computer.

Now check the functionality of the printer.

Note: Only basic functionality of the printer will work as the driver is not completely compatible with Windows 8.

And yes if the above steps are not working then please wait until the V515W driver for windows 8 is launched.

Please reply for any help.

6 Posts

November 7th, 2012 18:00

Nikhil,

As I stated earlier you can't install the Windows 7 64 bit drivers. After files are extracted I get the message:

INSTALLATION ERROR

Your operating system cannot support the Dell V510 Series printer. Installation cannot continue.

2 Posts

November 16th, 2012 16:00

I'm having the same problem. Apparently Dell doesn't understand that instead of telling us to use incompatible drivers, they should have already released updated drivers for Windows 8. I can't imagine that process being so difficult that we are still unable to use our printers 3 weeks after Windows 8 was officially released. Shouldn't someone have been working on this months ago?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 17th, 2012 13:00

Dell will be releasing Windows 8 drivers for this printer, release date unknown.

Please check back.

Rick

1 Message

November 25th, 2012 21:00

I am having the same problem. I did load the Windows 7 drivers. I can fax, but printing functionality is limited. I can't wait for them to upgrade the Windows 8 drivers. They should have been in Windows 8 when I got it. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 26th, 2012 10:00

jimwilson81,

Windows 8 drivers for your printer are coming, release date unknown. Please check back.

Rick

1 Message

December 8th, 2012 08:00

my dell is v510 wireless and it does not communicate with windows8

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 8th, 2012 13:00

frank re,

Did you try the Windows 8 drivers? Dell should have released them or will very shortly.

What virus program and firewall are you using? If you are using Windows Defender, then try...

Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials, the instructions should be similar.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 9th, 2012 14:00

griverajr,

My sources told me they should be out shortly. I was hoping they would be out but maybe because of the weekend, it may go into the next few days. They had to wait for the printer manufacturer to release them. I'm hoping sometime this week.

Rick

6 Posts

December 9th, 2012 14:00

I don't see any Windows 8 drivers out there for the V515 which would be the same for the V510. I'm not sure what the delay is. I see them out there for the V525. I'm tired of having to transfer things I want to print to my Windows 7 work computer.

6 Posts

December 11th, 2012 05:00

I see the Windows 8 drivers for the V515 printer listed but you can't download them.  I get  .

Notice  

Sorry, the requested file could not be downloaded. What's going on?

No Events found!