Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2013 15:00

V525w, ink problems

Bought the V525W printer in June 2013, worked fine until somewhere between August-October and then the ink started becoming faded, purplish, red, streaked, and just other off colors. For example, I tried printing out a clip art of a pure white cloud, yet it printed of kind of streaked and the cloud had a redish hue to it. I set the quality of the printing to best (from Auto), replaced the cartridges, deep cleaned print head many times (the deep clean printed page was faded at cyan and black but not at magenta and yellow...), and physically removed the print head and cleaned the nozzle with a lint-free cloth. Dell online support reported that firmware should be up to date (don't know what that has to do with ink????) I've upgraded to the latest version on their website. Nothing is helping at all, in fact after all of that trouble shooting, I think the quality got worse! Should I replace the print head entirely? Thanks! 

Here is a link to the pictures I took for a better idea: http://s938.photobucket.com/user/Hungarian_Kris/media/DSCF3223_zpsbd3e2bd5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

It was for a school project, the camera flash enhanced the color a bit but you'll see what I'm talking about. A few colors aren't even the right ones, and the quote you'll see used to have a black background. Instead it's just pink and white. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 18th, 2013 02:00

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 4th, 2018 03:00

Some printers automatically allow for composite printing and some printers will not work at all if one cartridge is empty (or removed). Check your printer’s settings, you might have an option for automatic composite, and also have Epson Printer Error Code 0xf1 that I more irritating problem I have.

No Events found!