Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 5th, 2013 13:00

V715W Printer printing problems

I am having the exact same problem and my computer is also like your Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit specs . Hi, I would like to jump on this thread, as I am having similar issues. I have read your other helpful posts and tried to follow the steps, "deleteprintjobs.cmd" etc. I have a V715W. I am running a HP Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 12GB RAM. My printer basically will run one print job, then the second job hangs up. It will make the sounds like it is about to start, but it never goes. I am willing to try anything and everything from scratch. I have Microsoft Security Essentials and Spybot. Wireless security is WPA Personal, TKIP encryption. Let me know what other info you may need. I will take no offense to you treating me like I know nothing about computers (I kind of don't)!!! Thanks!

4 Posts

December 17th, 2013 13:00

I am also having this _exact_ _same_ _problem_ with a Dell 715w printer with wireless connection on a Dell XPS 8300. I did not have this problem at all prior to Dec. 11 or 12. I have had this printer since spring 2011.I have not touched my router or made recent changes to my Internet settings. Probably coincidentally, before the problem started, I had a significant paper jam requiring removal of the duplexer. No paper pieces left behind as far as I can tell. 

I have not uninstalled/reinstalled the printer software as yet. The only change I made to McAfee was to briefly turn off the firewall. Result:problem persists: first document prints. Second document hangs until I reboot (or cancel it using the DeletePrintJobs described in the earlier postings: blank paper then spits out during the reboot). If others are having this problem without McAfee, I am wondering if it could be due to a windows update or some other update?

I run System Mechanic and just upgraded to 12.5 (some time prior to Dec. 12).

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 17th, 2013 15:00

dpkavanaugh,

No need to have the usb cable attached. A desktop that is attached to the wireless router, can print to the printer using the wireless adapter. You can have only one way to print, usb cable or wireless, but not both.

Try reading...

Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials/Windows Defender

If you need help with setting up a desktop to print to the wireless printer, let me know and I'll help you with setting it up.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 17th, 2013 15:00

SteveE.,

I have seen virus programs update and then cause problems. I would suggest, run Delete Print Jobs then restart your computer,

Use the McAfee Removal Tool to remove McAfee, then restart the computer.

Try to print. You should be ok. Then reinstall McAfee.

Rick

4 Posts

December 17th, 2013 16:00

Thanks! I'll give this a try in a day or two when I have a solid block of time to deal with any unforeseen consequences (Murphy lives!). I'll report back on the results. In the meantime, I did at least open McAfee and went to "PC and Home Network Tools"> "My Home Network" and confirmed that "My Network" includes my printer (V715w, Device Type: Printer, IP and MAC addresses included)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 18th, 2013 03:00

SteveE.,

If you need help, let me know the make and model of your computer and operating system, 32-nit or 64-bit. Also provide the virus program and firewall.

Printer make and model, wired or wireless? If wireless, type of security you're using in your wireless router and the channel.

Rick

8 Posts

December 18th, 2013 18:00

Thank you....Thank you......finally got the printer to work again.....Explorer 11 uninstalled and the beauty works again....Microsoft doesn't care about the customer.....Next computer will be apple....Send you message to all the player having this problem

4 Posts

December 18th, 2013 20:00

Wow! That did the trick! Huge thanks!! I Uninstalled IExplorer 11 and now I can print to my heart's content again! (and leave McAfee alone). I've been having other problems (minor) with 11, so I don't think I'll miss it. So sorry you had to pay $86 to learn this and so glad you were willing to share! If you had a PayPal button I'd donate! (well, a small amount, anyway :-) ).

I found the following site very helpful for figuring out the uninstall process:

http://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7

This site may be helpful if IExplorer 11 threatens to return:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24376-windows-update-hide-restore-hidden-updates.html

I'm announcing this fix on Facebook ASAP.

3 Posts

December 19th, 2013 08:00

Thank you cdrrn for your post.  After days and days of trying to solve this problem, it is solved!!!!!!!! 

6 Posts

December 19th, 2013 13:00

Pleased the solution worked for you all as it worked for me!  I did forget to mention that if you have MS Windows update on automatic, it will try to update your IE 10 to IE 11 the next time it checks your system.  You need to switch off the auto update for IE 11.  If you do not know how to do it, the help section in Update explains it quite well.

Lets hope puts in a fix for IE 11 that will stop all the problems in the future.

Good luck!! 

763 Posts

December 19th, 2013 22:00

Before I got to the place in this thread where I saw that uninstalling IE11 solved the printing problems I was going to recommend using System Restore to roll back to a date and time the printer worked correctly and then disabling automatic Windows Updates.

Disabling automatic Windows Updates is always a good idea. You can look at what is available and manually install any important critical updates that seem to be worthy of being installed. Always create a System Restore point before installing Windows Updates. I end up using System Restore to undo Windows Updates close to 50% of the time because I am not pleased with the outcome after the updates are applied. After installing Windows Updates always check to be sure that Micro$oft did not quietly re-enable them without ask for for your permission to do so. I frequently find that I have to go back and disable that again after installing updates.

IE11 causes multiple problems for me and it is banned from all of my Windows 7 systems.

Glad so many have found a solution to what seemed to be a very frustrating problem.

1 Message

December 20th, 2013 07:00

Rockstar another twist is that I am using AVG as virus protection. I ran a utility in print it said that 2 files were at issue being blocked by virus software 1. dleecoms.exe and 2. dleewbgw.exe Tried to delete print program had to reboot also. Is there a fix to this issue since it isn't McAfee can AVG cause the same problem and if so how to fix it?

763 Posts

December 20th, 2013 10:00

AVG has been found to cause some conflicts with other things, but not as often as McAfee. If you are confident those files (or any other files that AVG tries to block) are safe and required for printer operation, try adding them to your exclusion list in the AVG configuration settings. That may resolve the issue of AVG's false positive and allow things to work correctly.

Unless they recently changed McAfee, it is not possible to add file and folder exclusions.

If you cannot get things working properly with AVG after adding file exclusions, try uninstalling it. If the printer works correctly after it has been uninstalled, try Microsoft Security Essentials, Vipre or ESET as an alternative.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 20th, 2013 15:00

davesed,

dleecoms.exe and dleewbgw.exe are part of the printer program and need allow to function.

Try...

Allow Wireless Printer Blocked by AVG 8.0 Firewall

If that doesn't work, I would uninstall AVG and see if the printer works.

Rick

4 Posts

December 20th, 2013 16:00

I have the exact same problem.  Seems to have started when windows did some updates a few days ago. Tried everything uninstalled printer new usb cable etc.  running AVG antivirus but having it off or on does not matter...

Printes 1 item in queue then hangs on the rest.  Only prints what is left in queue if I restart and I am tired of restarting constantly...PLEASE HELP.

John

763 Posts

December 20th, 2013 17:00

I have the exact same problem.  Seems to have started when windows did some updates a few days ago. Tried everything uninstalled printer new usb cable etc.  running AVG antivirus but having it off or on does not matter...

Printes 1 item in queue then hangs on the rest.  Only prints what is left in queue if I restart and I am tired of restarting constantly...PLEASE HELP.

John

Hi John. If Rick's suggestions do not work, I recommend using Windows System Restore. Roll back to a date that you know for certain that the printer was functioning properly. After restoring your system to that date, confirm everything is working correctly with the printer. If it is, disable automatic Windows Updates to prevent Microsoft from messing things up again. Manually run Windows Updates in the future. Determine what updates actually needs to be installed and hide the rest of them updates. Always create a System Restore Point before installing Windows Updates manually. I manually install updates no more than 3 to 5 at a time, with a Restore Point between each batch. That makes it easier to find a rogue Windows Update that is causing system malfunction so it can be hidden and prevented from installing in the future.

No Events found!