SteveE.
2 Bronze

RE: V715W Printer printing problems

Jump to solution

Wow! That did the trick! Huge thanks!! I Uninstalled IExplorer 11 and now I can print to my heart's content again! (and leave McAfee alone). I've been having other problems (minor) with 11, so I don't think I'll miss it. So sorry you had to pay $86 to learn this and so glad you were willing to share! If you had a PayPal button I'd donate! (well, a small amount, anyway :-) ).

I found the following site very helpful for figuring out the uninstall process:

http://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7

This site may be helpful if IExplorer 11 threatens to return:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24376-windows-update-hide-restore-hidden-updates.html

I'm announcing this fix on Facebook ASAP.

05nano07
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank you cdrrn for your post.  After days and days of trying to solve this problem, it is solved!!!!!!!! 

0 Kudos
cdrrn
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Pleased the solution worked for you all as it worked for me!  I did forget to mention that if you have MS Windows update on automatic, it will try to update your IE 10 to IE 11 the next time it checks your system.  You need to switch off the auto update for IE 11.  If you do not know how to do it, the help section in Update explains it quite well.

Lets hope puts in a fix for IE 11 that will stop all the problems in the future.

Good luck!! 

0 Kudos
BJFox
4 Germanium

Jump to solution

Before I got to the place in this thread where I saw that uninstalling IE11 solved the printing problems I was going to recommend using System Restore to roll back to a date and time the printer worked correctly and then disabling automatic Windows Updates.

Disabling automatic Windows Updates is always a good idea. You can look at what is available and manually install any important critical updates that seem to be worthy of being installed. Always create a System Restore point before installing Windows Updates. I end up using System Restore to undo Windows Updates close to 50% of the time because I am not pleased with the outcome after the updates are applied. After installing Windows Updates always check to be sure that Micro$oft did not quietly re-enable them without ask for for your permission to do so. I frequently find that I have to go back and disable that again after installing updates.

IE11 causes multiple problems for me and it is banned from all of my Windows 7 systems.

Glad so many have found a solution to what seemed to be a very frustrating problem.

Punisher // EVGA X299 Dark | Core i9-7960X @ 5.3GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hydro Copper | Corsair 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 4200 CL16 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | Hailea HC-500A (1/2HP~790W) Water Chiller | Dual XSPC 360 Radiators | Dual XSPC Photon 270 | Der8auer Die Frame | Windows 7 Ultimate > Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 > Windows 10 Enterprise 1709 > Ubuntu Linux [Quad-Boot Beast]
0 Kudos
davesed
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
Rockstar another twist is that I am using AVG as virus protection. I ran a utility in print it said that 2 files were at issue being blocked by virus software 1. dleecoms.exe and 2. dleewbgw.exe Tried to delete print program had to reboot also. Is there a fix to this issue since it isn't McAfee can AVG cause the same problem and if so how to fix it?
0 Kudos
BJFox
4 Germanium

Jump to solution

AVG has been found to cause some conflicts with other things, but not as often as McAfee. If you are confident those files (or any other files that AVG tries to block) are safe and required for printer operation, try adding them to your exclusion list in the AVG configuration settings. That may resolve the issue of AVG's false positive and allow things to work correctly.

Unless they recently changed McAfee, it is not possible to add file and folder exclusions.

If you cannot get things working properly with AVG after adding file exclusions, try uninstalling it. If the printer works correctly after it has been uninstalled, try Microsoft Security Essentials, Vipre or ESET as an alternative.

Punisher // EVGA X299 Dark | Core i9-7960X @ 5.3GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hydro Copper | Corsair 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 4200 CL16 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | Hailea HC-500A (1/2HP~790W) Water Chiller | Dual XSPC 360 Radiators | Dual XSPC Photon 270 | Der8auer Die Frame | Windows 7 Ultimate > Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 > Windows 10 Enterprise 1709 > Ubuntu Linux [Quad-Boot Beast]
0 Kudos
PudgyOne
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

davesed,

dleecoms.exe and dleewbgw.exe are part of the printer program and need allow to function.

Try...

Allow Wireless Printer Blocked by AVG 8.0 Firewall

If that doesn't work, I would uninstall AVG and see if the printer works.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

This is a Dell User Forum. I am a Dell user, just like you are.
0 Kudos
johntemp
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem.  Seems to have started when windows did some updates a few days ago. Tried everything uninstalled printer new usb cable etc.  running AVG antivirus but having it off or on does not matter...

Printes 1 item in queue then hangs on the rest.  Only prints what is left in queue if I restart and I am tired of restarting constantly...PLEASE HELP.

John

0 Kudos
BJFox
4 Germanium

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem.  Seems to have started when windows did some updates a few days ago. Tried everything uninstalled printer new usb cable etc.  running AVG antivirus but having it off or on does not matter...

Printes 1 item in queue then hangs on the rest.  Only prints what is left in queue if I restart and I am tired of restarting constantly...PLEASE HELP.

John

Hi John. If Rick's suggestions do not work, I recommend using Windows System Restore. Roll back to a date that you know for certain that the printer was functioning properly. After restoring your system to that date, confirm everything is working correctly with the printer. If it is, disable automatic Windows Updates to prevent Microsoft from messing things up again. Manually run Windows Updates in the future. Determine what updates actually needs to be installed and hide the rest of them updates. Always create a System Restore Point before installing Windows Updates manually. I manually install updates no more than 3 to 5 at a time, with a Restore Point between each batch. That makes it easier to find a rogue Windows Update that is causing system malfunction so it can be hidden and prevented from installing in the future.

0 Kudos
JHVDELL
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

just check to see whether you have installed Explorer 11.....that the bad player... uninstall it and you should be good to go jim

0 Kudos