Robk72
2 Bronze

RE: V715W Printer printing problems

Jump to solution

I have a client that has a Dell 513w that had the exact same problem - would print one document then not print again until the machine was restarted at which time it would print the second document immediately.

Uninstalled Internet Explorer 11 and problem solved!!

Thanks for posting this fix, this would have taken me forever to figure out.

0 Kudos
OldPrinter
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
Dito, I am having the same frustrating problem. I am running a Gateway 1TB & 8GB --64bit windows7.. Same wireless computer but hard wired to printer. Same antivirus and exactly the same problem. Could not read response to Monroes' post. Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
johntemp
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Deleted IE11 and mine now works fine.  Went back to IE10 before the automatic upgrade.  (need to uncheck auto upgrades for windows)

Hope that helps you IT IS very frustrating...

0 Kudos
Redleg 442
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I had a very similar problem.  I am operating a Dell XPS with Windows 7 and a Dell V715w printer.  In mid November my printer suddenly started behaving the same way as Monroe 10 described.  I subsequently learned that the reason that the printer would not respond was because the Print Spooler constantly stopped working.  After many hours on techie chat forums, I found mention that Internet Explorer 11 might be the culprit.  I checked and my computer had been automatically upgraded to IE11 on 11/12/13.  I deleted the upgrade to IE11 and my printer problems immediately vanished.

0 Kudos
monroe10
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I was on the phone for days with dell and a persisten nice supervisor did figure out that the problem was caused by a Microsoft update in November for the IE 11 caused thedell v715w printers to not function properly! Took some time but dell listened and came out with a solution..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
susieq29
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info. I deleted EI11 and I am using EI10 and everything is working. I was going to throw out this printer. I will never buy another printer that is Lexmark made. Had I known when I got this I would never have gotten rid of the HP one I had. This printer is nothing but trouble. When I want to scan from printer manually to computer I have to go thru all sorts of controls just to get it started. I always get message can't find file on my computer.  Once it gets started it works fine till the next time I need to do a manual scan from printer. It scans fine from computer controls.

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

susieq29,

This issue was NOT with Dell or Lexmark, but with Microsoft. Something in Internet Explorer 11 is causing the printer problems.

Better communications for the printer, try these tweaks...

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

This is a Dell User Forum. I am a Dell user, just like you are.
0 Kudos
Aussie110
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hello Monroe 10

I was just wondering if you could share the solution to this problem? My issue is exactly the same as yours I can print one job and the next leads to the printer making a few noises as if it's about to print and it stops there. In the printer information it says it's "printing" the job but isn't, then if you cancel the job it says it's "deleting" but it's not doing that either!! The only solution seems to be to pull the power block out of the back of the printer and restart the laptop and the printer to print another job, it's driving me mad! I am not a computer-whizz so (if possible) please try and keep things simple, but I would really appreciate your help.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
johntemp
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Drove me crazy too for  2 weeks (I print a lot of stuff).

I deleted IE 11 which was downloaded with an automatic update by microsoft windows.

Search "deleting IE 11"  for the instructions --it is pretty simple-- your computer will automatically go back to IE 10 after deleting IE 11.

Click "do not download automatic updates" when prompted so it will not reload at some point.

Mine worked great immediately after deleting it.

Hope that helps you...

0 Kudos
fredalene
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks for the post. That is exactly my problem except I can't uninstall because the printer is busy (has 4 docs in queue but won't print them.).

0 Kudos