PudgyOne
8 Krypton

RE: V715W Printer printing problems

Jump to solution

Michael,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockstar

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

This is a Dell User Forum. I am a Dell user, just like you are.
0 Kudos
salopez08
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

What was the solution?  I have searched this entire forum, everyone posting seems to have the same problem as I do & have been experiencing this problem since around late Nov, early Dec 2013......I keep seeing that the post has a "verified answer" but I never see an answer beyond delete the print job, restart the computer & start again.  But that doesn't work out when I'm printing from an online service that makes you restart each time the computer is restarted.

I have deleted printer jobs, restarted the computer, double-checked to see that my McAfee isn't blocking the printer, ran the troubleshooting tool.....I am at a loss, this is crazy that the only way to get something to print is to restart the computer for each page or 2.  

I also checked to see if I had IE v11, I do, but my computer is set-up for automatic windows updates....BTW, I too am on windows 7.  So, if I uninstall IE 11, what, if anything, do I install for IE?? 

I sure would appreciate some help here....I pay for an online membership to print customized cards, certificates, etc and I can't print a darn thing right now because of this problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MPatrylo
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Uninstalling IE11 should automatically revert you to IE 10 (at least it did for me).  Once I did that, the printing problem was completely resolved.

0 Kudos
naveenslim1
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Printer only prints webpages and the test page but not from the notepad or from any documents.

Change the text of the document to any color other than the black and try printing. If it works then remove the black cartridge and shake it well and also clean the nozzle of the black cartridge using a wet paper towel. place the black cartridge back and try to print, if that doesnt work then change the black cartridge as the black cartridge might have dried off. Replace the black cartridge and try printing. If that doesnt work then you might have to change the print head assy.

0 Kudos
pbutler1
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

My V715W printer has a jam and I can't get the paper out.  I pull out the paper tray but it is lodged way back in the printer.  I have tried everything.  Now the printer will not print until the jam is removed.

Help

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

pbutler1,

In the back of the printer there are two tabs. Press the two pabs and remove the duplex unit. You should be able to pull out the paper there.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

pbutler1
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I have another problem with my V915W printer.  It continues to shut down in the middle of a print job.  I have tried to troubleshoot it by powering down the printer and the laptop but it doesn't resolve the situation.  I have "restarted" the print spooler, still nothing.  It isn't printing anything now and of course I am in the middle of a presentation. 

0 Kudos
johntemp
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

FYI  I threw My dell printer in the trash...Using a cheap brother work smart series and am thrilled.

Cheaper Ink, faster printing and great results overall for the last 6 months... Best move I ever made.

0 Kudos
pbutler1
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

That is not answering my question.

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

pbutler1,

Did you unjam the paper jam at the duplex unit?

Unplug the printer from the wall. Remove the power brick from the printer for 60 seconds. This will reset any error messages the printer is getting.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012
#DellWorld 2015
#Dell EMC World 2016

0 Kudos