Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

April 12th, 2013 06:00

V725w Printer gets alignment test failure when printer turns on

Every time I turn my brand new Dell V725w printer on, it runs an alignment test. It prints the standard colors then on the screen it says "make sure A4 or letter size paper is loaded and press ok".   Why does it have to run an alignment test every time?  Shouldn't this be saved once it runs successfully?  This is a stand-alone printer, but I am using with a new laptop that came with Windows 7 Home, but I upgraded to Windows 7 Professional.  I just downloaded the 64 bit driver and will try that. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 12th, 2013 16:00

Thomas7691,

What is the make and model of the computer that was upgraded to Windows 7 professional?

Rick

14 Posts

April 12th, 2013 20:00

Dell Inspiron

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 12th, 2013 22:00

Thomas7691,

When you installed the operating system, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

14 Posts

April 13th, 2013 02:00

I did not install the operating system.  I purchased the laptop new from Dell with Windows 7 Home already installed.  I then upgraded to Windows 7 Professional.  Other than usual Microsoft updates, I have not made any other changes.  I have downloaded 3 driver updates from Dell, but have not had time to install yet; will be doing that later today.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 13th, 2013 03:00

Thomas7691,

Sometimes when you upgrade, the drivers don't completely install.

Here are the articles I have for this printer...

Troubleshooting Setup for the Dell 525w and 725w AIO Inkjet Printers

and

Troubleshooting Print Quality for the Dell V525w and V725w AIO Inkjet Printers

Virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

14 Posts

April 13th, 2013 05:00

Thanks for your help, however the drivers installed fine and the network & firewall communications are not blocked.  The printer works fine.  The problem is when I turn it on, it runs and alignment test every time.  This should not be necessary as it should be saved in memory.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 13th, 2013 11:00

Thomas7691,

Are you using Dell Series cartridges?

If you just got this printer, I would contact Dell.

I have an earlier model and if I turn the printer on, it cycles, then Eco-Mode puts it in a sleep/standby mode. When anyone needs to print, it wakes and prints in about 30 seconds.

Rick

27 Posts

April 16th, 2013 21:00

Hi Thomas,

This seems to be a firmware issue . Try updating the firmware. Also try doing a printer load defaults. It does'nt seem to be a driver issue as you said it does it everytime it is turned on.  Please reply to the post if you found any solutions.

regards,

Vembar.J

No Events found!