Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 1st, 2014 18:00

Where is the FAX option in the print menu

Just installed a networked C2665dnf multifunction printer.  I installed all the software on the disk, and set up the fax info.  According to the user manual, I should be able to FAX from a windows application, such as MS Word, by going to the print menu, and selecting the Dell FAX option.  It's not there.  What am I doing wrong?

5 Posts

September 2nd, 2014 17:00

When I installed it I ended up with several listed including a DellC2665dnf-00000, DellC2665dnf-00000-FAX, and DellC2665dnf-00000-PS.  I can see them in the Print dialogue in the Printer name dropdown.   That would be where to select it.  Unfortunately when I go to Microsoft's Devices and Printers it doesn't list the drivers.  So I'm not sure where to look to see if it was installed.

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

September 3rd, 2014 09:00

Hello IMWILDFLOWER,

Thank you for posting to the forum. The information Eliza posted is correct. When you go to install the printer you will install the fax driver along with the regular printer drivers. When you want to go and send a fax from the PC you will treat as if your going to print off. You will make a change to the fax driver instead of the printer this will populate a dialogue box to enter the fax number and etc. If you need further assistance with this please feel free to contact us by phone or chat support.

Regards,

Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

1 Message

January 17th, 2015 07:00

If I am on the phone with someone and need to receive their fax while they are on the phone with me, is that possible? 

Dottye Moreland

No Events found!